Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

lost all gauges/power

15K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Ravalli Surfer 
#1 ·
Today my 03 envoy lost all gauges, power windows, keyless entry, power locks, etc. Does anyone know what went wrong? Is there a way to reset the computer or what? Any help that keeps me from going to a service center will be greatly appreciated.

#6 ·
I bought it used so I'm not sure, maybe original. This has happened before just intermittently like you said. The traction control went out too thats what I noticed first then all the warning lights came on and gauges and radio went off. But its the first time this drastic.

#21 ·
I have a 03 trailblazer 4.2
Today my 03 envoy lost all gauges, power windows, keyless entry, power locks, etc. Does anyone know what went wrong? Is there a way to reset the computer or what? Any help that keeps me from going to a service center will be greatly appreciated.
O3 trailblazer lost all power then died will start but you have to jump start it but runs very rough then dies and it wouldn't come out of park while it was running

#8 ·
I went through every fuse in both fuse boxes and no blown fuses.

Heres a list of what isn't working :
> None of the other gauges work. speedo and tach work properly.
> radio
> dome light
> front power windows/doorlocks(rear windows work)
> traction control lights say its working but doesn't seem to be working properly)

ABS light, "brake" light, and battery light stay on.

What could this be? :bonk:

#9 ·
Well this morning its still acting up. New warning lights on: airbag, abs, battery, check gauges, security light are all on. More lights than yesterday.

The shift indicator light isn't on to tell what gear you are in and the traction control doesn't work today. None of the front door controls works and the keyless entry still doesn't.

Any clues or tips on what I should do next?:confused:

#12 ·
Did anyone ever resolve the problem?

My wife's 2003 TB had similar problems today. :confused: She was driving when the radio quit and then all of the warning lights came on and stayed lit. She tried the power windows and they didn't work either. I am going to have the battery tested to see if maybe that is the root of the problem. Did anyone eelse ever find a solution to this issue?

#13 ·
still baffled...

Well the battery and alternator checked out ok so I'm assuming that it wasn't a low voltage situation causing the electronics to act crazy. Also, the engine hasn't died because of this situation and the problem hasn't occured since the one time last week. I'll check back periodically to see if anyone has found a solution. :coffee

#15 ·
just getting worse..

The problem is getting progressively worse in spite of the dealership replacing the ignition switch in an attempt to solve the problem. My wife has had 3 instances when the keyless entry system didn't work and the car wouldn't start when she gain access with the key. The really strange thing is that its like the previous posters have stated- the symtoms change with each occurance. I'm beginning to think it might have a supernatural origin :eek: although sometimes a bad ground can seem that way too. I'm still open to suggestions and exactly what is an HID ground?

#18 ·
Body computer??

I had similar problems with my 06 Rainer. Would have crazy guages, power windows, locks, radio, etc wouldn't work. Dealer first replaced the key cylinder and that worked for about a month. Took it back in and dealer called GM Engineering - they said some of the body computers (located under the rear seat) were bad. Told dealer not to use replacement from stock but order new direct from factory? That worked - no further issues, now about 14 months ago. Local dealer here (Dominion) did great job sticking with it.

#20 ·
Just throwing it out there - I had these issues with a previous car (2002 cavalier) and it turned out to be a ground situation. After I turbo'd the motor, blew it and had to replace the motor, I neglected to reinstall the Battery tray to Engine block ground. This caused hard starts, gauges going haywire and other strange electrical demons. :thumbsup:

#23 ·
@deborahburns53, <AHEM>

I'll be driving on the road.
Roads are good places to drive.​

I lose all power but my this is still work.
What's a "this" - I shudder to ask in case it's a biological part of the female anatomy in which case it may be good that it still works. .​

But I can't open the door my windows.
Whose windows? Your windows?​

Don't roll down the radio.
Yeah --- never roll your radio down. It can cause all sorts of grief.​

Don't work what causes that.
Again, another euphemism?​

Is this some sortta reading comprehension test?

Reactions: chem_man