Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my day yesterday was going great, had the tb all washed up, just put the new 22's on looking really fly, then I was headed out for some errands when i noticed that my radio was turned off. I couldnt get it to power back on, then my windows wouldn't roll up either. My dome lights wouldnt work, or my door locks, or even the "ding ding" when i start up the vehicle. I checked all fuses and I cant seem to find any burned out. I looked at the fuses under the rear seat and under the hood also and nothing! So now I am stuck with my windows down no music no locks and just sitting in the garage. Any help? Any one out there had this problem before? I dont know how relays work but I am thinking its more serious than fuses. Let me know what you think.:confused:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
something that comes to mind.

in the front fuse panel under the hood...
theres a big 'littlefuse' that sends power to the entire rear fuse box.
you actually cant miss it- its big and I think its red.
there used to be a picture of it on here somewhere...
I think its called megafuse.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
Found a picture.
Thanks to roadie for having this pic up....
came from a thread where I think someome jumped the vehicle and hooked up the jumper cable to the wrong stud...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did notice that like half of the fuse box did have power(fuses tested good with fuse tester) and like another half that didn't.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
If, while cleaning and changing rims, you had the radio on and killed the battery; and then used a 2nd vehicle to jump the dead battery, you probably blew the megafuse that rbarrios speaks of.

If none of the above happened, you probably have a faulty ignition switch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fixed!!!!

I checked out the mega fuse and that was it! I ended up paying 12 bucks at the Chevy dealer for the fuse because the local auto part stores didnt carry it. I wonder what burned it out in the first place? Well I hooked it up and everything worked so thanks alot for the help and rbarrios for looking up that picture to show me where it was. All I have to do now is get some pics up of the new 22's that its rolling on!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts