Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post although I have been a member for a while. I have a 2004 TB 4-wheel drive with the 4.2 . Roughly 145,000 miles.

Over the last 2 weeks or so my TB has begun cutting out/ shutting down while driving at highway speeds and I have almost been in an accident twice because of it, it starts back up immediately When it is running it runs like the day it was new. I suspected the fuel pump so replaced it with a new Delphi Unit, it did not help..... long story short here is a list of the things I have replaced over the last 2 weeks and it has not helped at all.

Fuel Pump and filter
Alternator
Cat
crank and cam sensors
oil pressure switch
ignition switch

Whats really got me messed up is on the scan tool I have no codes have been thrown and all parameters are within factory specs the same goes for a scan on my buddy's tech II.... any ideas on what could be causing this all of a sudden?? I am at my wallet and wits end with this thing.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
12 Posts
This sounds to me like a loose electrical connection. You probably should check and clean all of your chassis grounds, maybe try wiggling harnesses etc while it's idling to see if you can duplicate the condition. The things you replaced so far would show symptoms if failing usually, not just die temporarily while you are driving and immediately work again.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
492 Posts
This is my first post although I have been a member for a while. I have a 2004 TB 4-wheel drive with the 4.2 . Roughly 145,000 miles.

Over the last 2 weeks or so my TB has begun cutting out/ shutting down while driving at highway speeds and I have almost been in an accident twice because of it, it starts back up immediately When it is running it runs like the day it was new. I suspected the fuel pump so replaced it with a new Delphi Unit, it did not help..... long story short here is a list of the things I have replaced over the last 2 weeks and it has not helped at all.

Fuel Pump and filter
Alternator
Cat
crank and cam sensors
oil pressure switch
ignition switch

Whats really got me messed up is on the scan tool I have no codes have been thrown and all parameters are within factory specs the same goes for a scan on my buddy's tech II.... any ideas on what could be causing this all of a sudden?? I am at my wallet and wits end with this thing.
Modified previous post. Looks like vortec engines doesn't have EGR valves. But anything that has something to do with power loss or engine stalling could be ECM and MAF as well.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
Suggest posting your problem at G M T N a t i o n . c o m / f o r u m s (no spaces, most of the experts from here went there a couple of years ago.

I do not have any other suggestions for you.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestions guys but this one is Solved..... the map sensor had come loose from the intake, apparently there is a clip that holds it down and it "was" missing from mine ( gotta love the scrapyard got the clip as a freebie while searching for a part for my other vehicle) and it was just sitting loosely over the hole and not down inside it. Had the car running while checking the harness as uplevel had suggested above and nudged the sensor and it died immediately, went ahead and replaced it with a new one anyway and it runs better now than it has in a long time. The weird thing is I had no check engine light , nor did it show up with an abnormal reading on my cheap Actron scanner or my friends Tech II (he's a GM tech). :thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts