Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i look at the front of my TB i can see that it is slanted to the left a little bit even when its on a flat road.

looks to me like the back is a little worse.

the only thing i could think of is mayb its the coils?

any ideas?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Our gas tanks are mounted on the drivers' side. A lot of vehicles have them across the back - then it makes little difference how much fuel is in.
Park the same place and measure with an almost empty tank - then go fill it up and measure again. (for best accuracy, you could even do it right at the pump, before and after fill-up)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, so i just took the tape measure and measured each side of the wheel wells. The front wheel wells were exactly the same. So then I measured the backs and one of them came out to be 33 1/8th...And the other side (the slanted side) came out to be 32 3/4th

I already planned of getting the GF 2inch rear drop coils for the back. Will that fix that problem and will it be level?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The side that is 32 3/4 of an inch is on the passanger side. and i don't think the gas tank doesn't matter cause i've looked at it many of times either it was full or empty. it always looked the same.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's a bit more likely to be coil than the spring perches on top of the axle. Unless the coil on the high side is crooked and not sitting down on the perch properly. Or poorly centered on the upper perch.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is my best bet on fixing this? i will be ordering my GF 2inch rear drop coils soon. and i guess when i go to put them in I’ll look to see if anything is out of the ordinary. and hopefully be leveled out fine after the install

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
As roadie said, if one coil is sagging, not centered or not installed correctly it will cause one side to be higher. New coils, installed correctly, will fix your lean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts