Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning the truck for a few yeas I am starting to get sick of its stance. My plan is to first level the truck and maybe lowering it also. I have not the slightest clue where to start and what parts to order.*

Any and all help,links, and pictures are greatly appreciated*

Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 gmc
188 Posts
If I had it to do over again on my envoy,I would go with the DJM 2-4 drop .I have the Ground force kit which I love because you don't have to worry about front end camber issues.The GF kit like I have is leveling kit it gives you 1.3 lower in front and 3 in. in rear. I just want to go lower. I would be willing to sell you my GF kit,it would be perfect for what your talking about. I almost went with the Belltech 2-3 drop but the 2 in. drop in the front gives you camber issues and eventually tire problems,like wearing bald edges on the inside of the tires. Hope this helps,you diff. want to research this in the search engine because the ball joint angles that cause the camber issues can be dangerous.There is some storys on here where the ball joints broke while having the Belltech kit, which would be very bad if this was to break on the highway at speeds...But that would be the same results for any kit that didn't bring your wheel camber close to factory specs. The DJM kit is different because it has the a-arms to lower the front not just springs :thumbsup:.As far as where to order ,personal preferance, I like Stylin trucks pretty fast shipping and they always have stood behind their products for me. You can look at my profile pics. for the stance ,it will be the same for your Trailblazer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had it to do over again on my envoy,I would go with the DJM 2-4 drop .I have the Ground force kit which I love because you don't have to worry about front end camber issues.The GF kit like I have is leveling kit it gives you 1.3 lower in front and 3 in. in rear. I just want to go lower. I would be willing to sell you my GF kit,it would be perfect for what your talking about. I almost went with the Belltech 2-3 drop but the 2 in. drop in the front gives you camber issues and eventually tire problems,like wearing bald edges on the inside of the tires. Hope this helps,you diff. want to research this in the search engine because the ball joint angles that cause the camber issues can be dangerous.There is some storys on here where the ball joints broke while having the Belltech kit, which would be very bad if this was to break on the highway at speeds...But that would be the same results for any kit that didn't bring your wheel camber close to factory specs. The DJM kit is different because it has the a-arms to lower the front not just springs :thumbsup:.As far as where to order ,personal preferance, I like Stylin trucks pretty fast shipping and they always have stood behind their products for me. You can look at my profile pics. for the stance ,it will be the same for your Trailblazer.
What shocks did you use for this ? And do you have a picture of your truck?

·
Registered
2003 gmc
188 Posts
I didn't buy shocks, I used my stock shocks. They are still in good shape, and it still rides the same as it did before lowering.That reminds me, that body roll you have when you wave the steering wheel back and forth :woot:,You won't have that anymore, On mine every little move of the wheel it goes there without the sway or rocking, I think GM should have put these kits on the 2wd SUV's.. Here's some pic. more of them in my gallery...

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
34 Posts
I used a 2-3 drop kit from bell tech that came with reat shocks and used my existing fron ones. I've had this on for like 4 yrs with no problems. Got the kit from partstrain.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Where is the best place to get the GF kits... I think I'm just Ganna drop the rear 2 in

Would this work for what I'm trying to do?

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
If you do not want to sacrafice any ride quality, and use easy to find parts, pick up a set of used SS front springs and struts. For the rear pick up a set of Belltech 2" drop shocks, and a pair of Ground Force, or CMS 2" drop springs. The SS Spring combo will drop the front about 3/4 to 1" and the rear 2" GF or CMS Spring will level the truck out perfectly.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
$

im willing to buy how much would you sell for????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts