Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much set on getting a Trailblazer and so I joined here to see what others thought of them and all the little problems that folks are having. I've found a pretty nice 04 LT that's pretty much loaded that I'm hoping to go look at soon.

Anything major I should really check?

I've read about the problems with the 4wd system and some of the other little electrical gremlins these things sometimes have. So hopefully this truck doesn't have any problems.

mujgy

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
I'm pretty much set on getting a Trailblazer
I'm not going to say "you won't be sorry", as with any vehicle there are lemons out there. Hopefully you'll find yourself a good one. And if any problems do pop up, there's a good chance you'll find a solution right here.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks for the welcome. Yes I'm hoping the TB I am looking to get has the G80 diff, thought it wouldn't be a deal breaker. It also has the brown/tan leather interior. It's to bad Chevy didn't put a charcoal/black interior in the charcoal or black trucks (although maybe they did but I'm not finding any used ones).

And yes hopefully I don't get a lemon but I've been maintaining and modifying my vehicles for many years now so I don't think I will have any trouble with the trailblazer. Seems like most problems can be avoided with diligent servicing. Though reading about hub bearings failing at 40-50k miles seems odd but hey at least they are cheap and look easy to replace.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
welcome!

Some of the common issues are:

Fan Clutch
Ignition Switch
Blower resistor

Off the top of my head, those are the ones I recall seeing alot here. I have not had issues with any (knock on wood) and I have a 2006 with almost 40K on it.

Some say Transmissions issues, but that seems to be more in the SS with AWD.

Welcome. Hope you find obne you like that trats you right! This is the place if you have any questions!

Chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well found the one I was looking for 04 LT loaded has 46500miles

Question, should I go for an extended warranty, dealer offered one for 1800 for 2 years, I plan on reading the fine lines when I pick it up Friday before agreeing. Otherwise I might get an extended warranty online. Or should I just deal with repairs as they go. I've never owned a vehicle with a warranty and have just fixed things as they happened either myself or my mechanic. And being the engines for these things arn't terribly expensive and its still a 4L60e transmission its not that big of a deal. Only thing I'm concerned about is some electonics failure.

mujgy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well bought a Trailblazer today. 04 50k miles Metallic Grey, LT, leather just about every option other than nav and dvd got a pretty good deal too, I think,(11,800 plus 1800 for extended warranty and taxes total 14.4k) its very clean, so yeah im very happy with it.

mujgy

(say I tried linking photos but I couldn't get it to work)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Well bought a Trailblazer today. 04 50k miles Metallic Grey, LT, leather just about every option other than nav and dvd got a pretty good deal too, I think,(11,800 plus 1800 for extended warranty and taxes total 14.4k) its very clean, so yeah im very happy with it.

mujgy

(say I tried linking photos but I couldn't get it to work)
Congrats!

Welcome to the owner's club! :yes:

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts