Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking to buy a used trailblazer - looking at spending $10K, for under 40K in miles, LT with a v6, extended 3rd row seats. I have a few questions:

1. Is my price range inline with what I want ?
2. Can you fit a 4'X8' sheet of drywall in the back ?
3. What problems should I expect or look out for?
4. Are these solid cars - major issues at 100K or not?

I am thinking of finding a 05 or 06....LT 3rd row.....

Thanks,

Sunny:)

·
Registered
non_gmt360 other
7 Posts
Hi, I can only help w/one of the answers perhaps....Based on measurements I've taken in the last week, I don't think the TB is quite wide enough for a 4x8 piece of anything. I can't remember the exact width at the moment but IIRC, it was around 39-45" and just under 5' from the tailgate latch to the back of the 2nd row seat. I've been contemplating one to replace my '94 Grand Voyager for work duty but unfortunately, the minivan layout is much more efficient.

I have an extra 2" in interior width and the same length in my Grand Voyager from the second row of captains chairs to the back liftgate as the TB EXT. It also has a flat floor as opposed to the 'stepped' floor of the EXT (to accomodate the rear seats).

I'm still debating personally on trying to make a SWB or EXT work but haven't decided yet...

Hope this helps one of your questions

Jeremy

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
The trucks are rock solid but not a weight bearing vehicle as a pick-up.

Compared to a minivan ...... there is no comparison! This is a full frame truck that can tow around 5000 lbs ....... not a POS Chrysler minivan. :D

It has the 48 inches width in the door opening and I have carried a piece of plywood home in my SWB truck with the back seats folded down. But it did hang out the back. Ext guys may help you here for length.

Vehicles produced today have issues. All the forums are filled with troubled vehicles from Honda to Porsche. Do your research on the particular truck you want to buy and it will pay off. Major issues with these things are a minority.

Mine has been almost flawless in 85,000 miles. Only minor issues, that this forum has helped me solve, from the comfort of my chair :D

(Good luck finding a V6......these engines are an all aluminum dual overhead camshaft Inline six)

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
:iagree: for under 10k, its going to have way more than 40k in mileage, Trailblazers are only available with either a 4.2 inline six cylinder, or 5.3 V8 or 6.0 V8 in the Super Sports

1 - 6 of 6 Posts