Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK hey this has prob been brought up before, but i all read about everyone finding Z71 springs on e-bay, but i cant find them lol. if any one know who has some, and how much there are going for can some one let me know, and or if you can find the lift springs for the Z71 then can you let me know thanks ya all.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Did you follow instructions?

Find my original thread. It has the part number 15234633.

Then do an Ebay search for that part number. You'll get zero hits. BUT THEN you need to click the box that says "Include title and description" and then you'll get a list that includes a store that has seven sets for sale.

It's all about searching for the PART NUMBER.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
27 Posts
do the Z71 shocks and springs have to be from a tahoe or can they come from other GM Z71 vehicles?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The magic is in the part number. But to share some of the background, GM changed the rear coil design in 2007 for the Tahoe/Escalade/Avalanche/Suburban (probably others) to something that would fit on our spring perches. Earlier years won't fit. Other Z71 optioned vehicles will probably not fit.

I can only guarantee that specific part number. Accept no substitutes. We're just one lucky set of folks that the part fits, and a bunch of them are available with low mileage for cheap on the takeoff market.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
We're just one lucky set of folks that the part fits, and a bunch of them are available with low mileage for cheap on the takeoff market.
Lucky indeed... i love looking at the difference a spring makes...

With BDS spacers, NO Z71 Springs...

With BDS spacers AND Z71 Springs...

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Please read my post #6 over again. Each and every word is important, and carries a message.

Hint: Z71 is an option package, not a "model". Every GM vehicle offered with that package may include a different kit of parts to implement the option. i.e: a Z71 Colorado will have leaf springs!

Come on, really. I gave you the part number and a way to find them on Ebay. I was lucky enough to find a set on Craigslist. You would be better off finding the original thread here at trailvoy (use the search function) that discussed the springs. Maybe somebody told you Z71 means something other than what it really means?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
285 Posts
ON a side note,

Icon Vehical Dynamics sent me a set of rear shocks from their Avalanche application to try on the TB... I put them in this weekend and WOW:eek: What a difference, may be slightly firm for a stock rig, all I have in back is a the basic recovery gear that never leaves the rig (Chain come-along, shackles, Tire-repair, straps, first-aid, hiking stove w/fuel, can of chili, can of beans,...Yes I always have two cans of food in the rig;)) and my wife says they feel a little firm(I like it), I imagine when Icon finish's the front coilovers, they should help the ride even out more, since my coilovers in the front are very firm right now.

(picture is not our application)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
ON a side note,

Icon Vehical Dynamics sent me a set of rear shocks from their Avalanche application to try on the TB... I put them in this weekend and WOW:eek: What a difference, may be slightly firm for a stock rig, all I have in back is a the basic recovery gear that never leaves the rig (Chain come-along, shackles, Tire-repair, straps, first-aid, hiking stove w/fuel, can of chili, can of beans,...Yes I always have two cans of food in the rig;)) and my wife says they feel a little firm(I like it), I imagine when Icon finish's the front coilovers, they should help the ride even out more, since my coilovers in the front are very firm right now.

(picture is not our application)
got a part #/price for the Avalanche shocks??????

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
47 Posts
I was curious about these Icon rears after seeing them on their site. I'm currently running Z71 springs with the stock length Bilstein HD shocks. The ride is mostly ok, except on speed bumps, pot holes, etc, when the rear drops off it is extremely stiff.

Any thoughts if these would fix this condition? For whats it's worth the Avalanche shocks gave me the same effect.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
285 Posts
I was curious about these Icon rears after seeing them on their site. I'm currently running Z71 springs with the stock length Bilstein HD shocks. The ride is mostly ok, except on speed bumps, pot holes, etc, when the rear drops off it is extremely stiff.

Any thoughts if these would fix this condition? For whats it's worth the Avalanche shocks gave me the same effect.
I'm not sure if your noticing the firmer coil or if your over extending the shock.....

Can you tell whether it is when the suspension drops, or compress'

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well I did it. there are on the way $80.00 for the Z71 shocks, and springs shipped out on the 30 should be here Monday or Tuesday. cant wait now all I got to do is lift the front lol

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
182 Posts
Ive waited 2 months to start ordering! I feel like I have gained enough knowledge on this to do it well. My prior lifts didn't take much planning and thought, but the TB took a number of hours reading. I am still waiting, I have learned to wait a little, probably because it will be atleast a month before I start installing. But I am very impatient as well! I wish school work was as easy to comprehend as Trailvoy! OH I am glad to be done with the basic classes!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts