Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my upper back window trim, a quick short-cut person put a screw into it and its breaking apart. I have 2 numbers but I dont know what the difference is but GM Parts says they will both work.
Its for a 2002 chevy trailblazer ls.
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,697 Posts
Either one will work Part Number 19150496 is for a Chevrolet, and 19150495 part is for a 2002 - 2004 Oldsmobile Bravada or a 2004 - 2007 Buick Rainer. Except for color or maybe an exterior imprint, both are functionally the same. Allegedly, neither are available through General Motors.

There are some available - do a google search for "General Motors 19150496. Be prepared because the prices are in excess of $250.00!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Either one will work Part Number 19150496 is for a Chevrolet, and 19150495 part is for a 2002 - 2004 Oldsmobile Bravada or a 2004 - 2007 Buick Rainer. Except for color or maybe an exterior imprint, both are functionally the same. Allegedly, neither are available through General Motors.

There are some available - do a google search for "General Motors 19150496. Be prepared because the prices are in excess of $250.00!

Good Luck!
thank you🙂

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Here is a link to a page from an online GM dealer's part's department. From the diagram you should be able to identify which screw you need. Unfortunately, there is no description for the screw tagged 4 in the diagram. The parts department of a local GM dealership should be able to get you the number and possibly even the description of the screw (as in screw size, threads, pitch, length, etc.) and then you can go to a hardware store.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I called my local Chevy dealership and talked to parts and they said that the clips/screws are exclusive to them. However he did say that I could reuse mine if they will work. My luck I will be calling back and having to wait until the end of the week.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Oh how I wish we had a GM parts person who frequented this forum. I can believe the clips part, but not the screws in most instances.

Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE
It turns out I didn't have to worry about the correct screws. The glass company that I used, by recommendation from local Chevy dealer, had them. Not only did theynhave them but they also put on the replacement trim piece. YES!

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts