Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for the cheapest front and rear shocks/struts but in good quality. looking for part #'s and website. i have a 2004 TB LS. not looking for anything fancy just better than the stuck ones. feels like mine are starting to go. I dont like the dealership i got the car from. they say theres no prollem with it i bring it to my mechanic he finds sway bar links not fastended down all the way. (that was b4). thanx for any help and/or input

-Justin:tiphat

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Many folks use shockwarehouse.com. They are a site vendor, give an extra discount (see their ad for the code) and free shipping. Many brands available, but if you looked for a bit, you would find Bilstein aftermarket ones are higher quality than the OEM Bilsteins and get good reviews. Part numbers on the shockwarehouse.com site.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya i was lookin at them.bilstein bst hd's the 4 for 3 would fit on the front and rear of my 04 LS ?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No. Actually you have to get three friends with trailvoys, so you have four total. Draw straws, then buy one guy a one-way ticket to Timbuktu. Then the three of you left steal all four shocks off that vehicle, and then buy three more shocks each from shockwarehouse. Four for the price of three (plus 1/3 of the plane ticket.)

Seriously - Shockwarehouse is a site vendor. They have a DEDICATED sub-forum where this has been discussed. There's also a link on their web site: http://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/bilstein-special-2009.cfm

And as you would expect - if you aren't buying all four shocks the same price, the CHEAPEST one is the freebie.

Easy?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
359 Posts
I just got the 4 for 3 deal on Bilstein HDs from shockwarehouse a couple of weeks ago. Total was about $180 shipped. If that is the shock you want I'm pretty sure you won't find a better deal!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No. Actually you have to get three friends with trailvoys, so you have four total. Draw straws, then buy one guy a one-way ticket to Timbuktu. Then the three of you left steal all four shocks off that vehicle, and then buy three more shocks each from shockwarehouse. Four for the price of three (plus 1/3 of the plane ticket.)

Seriously - Shockwarehouse is a site vendor. They have a DEDICATED sub-forum where this has been discussed. There's also a link on their web site: http://www.shockwarehouse.com/news/bilstein-special-2009.cfm

And as you would expect - if you aren't buying all four shocks the same price, the CHEAPEST one is the freebie.

Easy?
really not tha bad an idea at all !!!:dielaugh:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
140 Posts
Shockwarehouse.com Bilstein HD's just ordered 4 of them for my envoy and it cost me 163$ Honestly anyone who is going to need shocks in the next 6 months i would order them right now because you are not going to find them cheaper than this for a long time. Buy 3 get 1 free...Free shipping and 10% off order with discount code Trailvoy10 Cant beat that for the quality of shock that ive heard this is....Monroes are worst shock made and they are more expensive :D

·
Registered
chevy
165 Posts
Bilstein and Monroe/Rancho Promotions

Thanks guys, plus with the 10% discount + free shipping for orders over $95 the Bilstein's are a great deal. Keep in mind this promotion runs through 4/30.

Additionally if Bilstein's aren't your cup of tea, Monroe/Rancho are having a mail in rebate promotion through 5/31.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts