Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for the best sounding exhaust, i currently have a flowmaster 40 series with the resinator removed and think it is the worst sounding exhaust i have ever heard, it sounds like a "pissed off bumble bee". i would like to keep the single pipe out the back but am open to whatever, let me know what you guys think sounds best

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
hey, Glad to see another black TB in Atlanta area thats a Trailvoy member. I just hacked off my Resonator after the last exhaust hanger. Looks nice and clean from any view and it is deeper sounding than the stock exhaust with the resonator. I didn't put a muffler on there because I was advised that it would sound like a pissed off bumble bee. Hope this helps, Hope to see you around.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
113 Posts
In 2003 I had a performance shop do my exhaust. The plan was to replace the stock muffler and pipe to the rear, including resonator. But, they had never worked on a TB before, so they just replaced the muffler first and re-welded it. Glad they did, they stopped there realizing like I would have that it would have sounded like crap with out the resonator. I got a better top end, a nice sound, for only $140 bucks OTD. I cant speak for cat-back systems but bang for the buck a 3 chamber flowmaster is a great a cheap mod. The best mod however is a PCM tune, hands down. PCMsforless did mine, very happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts