Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm about to tear out my stock system and I need some ideas for the perfect set up!

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
looks like im in the same boat as you... got my taxes back so now comes the system :woot:...

but what im doing is the double din radio/dvd touchscreen setup... got all my harnesses to retain factory onstar, and RAP's along with warning chimes, also got 2 12's (kenwood cyclone's) and 2 800W 2 chanel amps.. im contimplating a capacitor.. but i dont think 2 amps are going to draw that much current from our alternators.. but i found a lot of great deals on wire harnes, and aftermarket HU.. deals are out there just gotta look for um:thumbsup:

hope this helps....
:tiphat

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
912 Posts
Guys, I'm about to tear out my stock system and I need some ideas for the perfect set up!
You're really going to have to be more specific here man. Everyone has different opinions on what is "perfect" to them. It all just depends on what you're looking for? Lots of bass? Little bass, with good high's? What kind of HU suits your needs? etc....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm big into mids and highs.What I'm thinking is this a double din Alpine tv/dvd, 5/500 JL amp,JL stelthbox,cap,JL ZX series comp. set either 61/2's or 8's up front if they fit and I don't know where I should put the tweets, any ideas?What size are the rear doors?

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
I'm big into mids and highs.What I'm thinking is this a double din Alpine tv/dvd, 5/500 JL amp,JL stelthbox,cap,JL ZX series comp. set either 61/2's or 8's up front if they fit and I don't know where I should put the tweets, any ideas?What size are the rear doors?
i believe the rear doors are 6 and a 3/4?? but i have heard they are 5 and a 1/4...so im not to sure on that...but a spot to put some tweeters are on the dash in the speaker vents (one on each side) unless you have the BOSE setup, then i think you already have something in there... See my SS doesnt have BOSE so i dont have any of the "extras" that come with BOSE...hopefully others will chime in and help you out... but sounds like your headed in the right path....remember its to each his own...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like im in the same boat as you... got my taxes back so now comes the system :woot:...

but what im doing is the double din radio/dvd touchscreen setup... got all my harnesses to retain factory onstar, and RAP's along with warning chimes, also got 2 12's (kenwood cyclone's) and 2 800W 2 chanel amps.. im contimplating a capacitor.. but i dont think 2 amps are going to draw that much current from our alternators.. but i found a lot of great deals on wire harnes, and aftermarket HU.. deals are out there just gotta look for um:thumbsup:

hope this helps....
:tiphat
I think you should go w/ the cap It's les distance for the amps to pull power,and it helps fight engine noise.
By the way how do you like those halogen bulbs?Any pics?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:
i believe the rear doors are 6 and a 3/4?? but i have heard they are 5 and a 1/4...so im not to sure on that...but a spot to put some tweeters are on the dash in the speaker vents (one on each side) unless you have the BOSE setup, then i think you already have something in there... See my SS doesnt have BOSE so i dont have any of the "extras" that come with BOSE...hopefully others will chime in and help you out... but sounds like your headed in the right path....remember its to each his own...
:iagree::thx

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
but i dont think 2 amps are going to draw that much current from our alternators
you'd be surprised, the factory charging system leaves much to be desired:ugh:

I'm big into mids and highs.What I'm thinking is this a double din Alpine tv/dvd, 5/500 JL amp,JL stelthbox,cap,JL ZX series comp. set either 61/2's or 8's
sounds good so far

·
Banned
2,006 Posts

Grrrr:hissy: plz dont tell me that MAYO3LT :laugh:... people keep tellin me that since the alternator puts out 240 amps that it should be fine.. so r u sayin i should go with my gut instinct and just get a cap?:confused:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
First, this should have been posted in the Audio and Electronics thread. Then all of the audiophiles on this board would have chimed in a little earlier.

Second, you need to be more specific on what you want. Like someone mentioned before are you looking for a lot of bass so that you can be heard from blocks away? Or are you looking for something that can sooth your stress (extremely SQ oriented)?

Third, we need to know what your budget is and how much work you are willing to put into this system.

Also you need to remember that you are asking people for there opinions, so it may not be the best solution for you but it should help put you in the right direction. Not to mention some of us here have stereo's that are almost worth more than are TVs at the present time. :D

So give us a little more info and we can help you decide on a system on a budget all the way to the extreme.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts

Grrrr:hissy: plz dont tell me that MAYO3LT :laugh:... people keep tellin me that since the alternator puts out 240 amps that it should be fine.. so r u sayin i should go with my gut instinct and just get a cap?:confused:
When did the factory alt start putting out 240Amps?:weird: If that were the case I wouldn't have bought my 300Amp Iraggi.

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
lookin good! was that air/fuel gauge hard to install?
mouting wise no... as far as figuring out where to tap into which O2 sensor and what wire.. yeah that took a while.. i wanted to make sure it was the right one and didnt want to poke holes all over my wires.. i couldve just purcheased the kit and made a bung for it.... but my gauge is for strictly cosmetic purposes... i love to watch it "dance".. my SS is stock so i dont need to monitor air/fuel...so i didnt want to spend an extra 100 bucks on a adapter and make a bung just to see the gauge work.. the gauge was only 60$

1 - 17 of 17 Posts