Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am trying to find someone in this area that either has a nitrous kit they have not installed yet, or wants to get nitrous for their 4.2 I6. Please let me know and I will give you further details later when you PM me!!!

Incentives Included

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,834 Posts
who wouldnt be intrested. its the price
More than price is that they tend to blow up engines unless the engine is built for one. And they EAT a lot of nitrous when you hit the switch.
But they are a whole lot of fun.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone, ill try to message him this week.

Robert you seem to have a very strong misconception about nitrous. It will be on a window switch with a TPS activator to begin with, so it won't shoot the nitrous until it is under certain conditions at the correct RPM.

This not only makes it so the user doesn't have the ability to screw up when it is injected, but also how much is wasted from triggering it improperly. This isn't fast and the furious with buttons on the steering wheels anymore.

If tuned for it correctly with proper jetting, nitrous is as safe as any turbo or supercharged vehicle..

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys, I'm absolutely not trying to be a ****, but why would you people comment on something you obviously know nothing about. It's not rocket science and it doesn't take a genious to actually learn about this stuff

Backfires only occur under certain conditions. 1. being that it is tuned improperly, which it won't be on my end since i do HPTuning, so I will be able to tune the system properly. and 2. Being that if the fuel puddles and does not atomize well. which usually happens if you shoot before the throttle body or if you use a crapily made fogger in which i would only use NOS or ZEX.

Also, what are you even talking about we can't use NOS because we can't use a turbo or supercharger. It's on a whole different playing field is why I am even suggesting it. Do you know the reason why we can't use a turbo or supercharger? HMMMM??? It's because when you introduce something that has barometric pressure into the the system the ECU starts to freak out and throw us into limp mode. I have dealt with it before on a Yaris, and it works, but no one seems to listen.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Yea he's right

Nitrous would be perfectly safe as long as you use a low shot. I would stay around 50 hp shot. Of course you need to build your engine for something ridiculous like a 200 shot but a 50 would be fine.

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
889 Posts
If our engine cannot be tuned for a turbo or supercharger then nitrous is out of the question.
Sure, the engines probably can be tuned to run turbo/super chargers, if one were so inclined (I wouldn't be without changing the pistons and rods) and same goes with nitrous. It may need an aftermarket box to do it though (AEM, MoTeC, etc). Stock boxes can only go so far.

And sure, it may only be a 50 shot, but guess what? **** happens. Adding stuff like that, especially NOS, just gets you to the ****ting happening faster.

I wouldn't add "one" shot of NOS, or even FI'ing it, without upgrading the cylinder sleeves.

But thats just me.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same as before....

It does not take a genious to tune a car. Stock boxes are fine, reflashing them have the same if not more capabilties because it can use more sensors the engine has for tuning. But HPTuners and EFILive limits alot of areas of the ECU for noobs not to mess around with. Really its nitrous, it isn't like adding cams or any forced induction. All you need is the fuel and ignition maps.

And yeah i know **** happens and it happense for a reason, because most people who do these things are uneducated and do not tune for nitrous and just try to slap it on and think everything will be fine. It's only find if you add a small shot in which the ECU will correct itself for, but if you add too much and it is out of the correction limits of the ECU is when **** goes haywire.

and what do you mean by "one" shot, it goes by jetting, I'm only 22 years old and I even know about old school jetting with carbs and what in the world do you mean by sleeves, why upgrade the sleeves? The engine compression is around a 10:1 and it should be good for about 6psi on a properly sized turbo just like any other new naturally aspirated vehicle. which means it should be fine for a 50-75 shot of nitrous, you could even push more if its safe to do so. If anything when adding more power to an engine like this the rods go first then the pistons if the rods are already forged.

I am not looking for an argument or anything or trying to be an ******* to you, but i just can't have incorrect information in here pushing people away from this thread. No ones looking for a record breaking engine, just something more fun when they want to play around.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
actually I am not being biased to the east coast people, If you want to be a tester you can, I will message you later with details, you just need to have someone over there that can tune for you, if i do bench tuning soon i can do it for you myself for free.

I would've liked someone close by me so I can tune it first hand but it will be going on my truck as well. I'm passing out right now to go to bed so I'll message you when i wakeup

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
889 Posts
Like I told another guy after getting involved in another nitrous thread on here, good chances are that there'll never be a problem. But as a guy who works at a machine shop who sees what NOS (and turbos) can do to an engine when they go wrong (especially aluminum blocked engines), my preference is to avoid it all together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.