Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! This is my first post so hello all!
I just recently was very lucky and I received a 2002 Chevy trailblazer for my graduation gift. I am going to put a 3" front 2" rear lift/level kit (suspension lift not body) on it and then I plan on purchasing a new set of rims and much bigger tires for it. I was wondering with the lift what size tires I could fit on it. Also what size wheels should I go with and finally where can I get them fairly cheep?
Thank you!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Hope this helps

Im currently running a 3" springtop lift up front with a 2" billet spacer and upgraded Z71 springs (3" total) with air shocks (for towing) in back with 285/65/18 BFG A/Ts. I had to trim the inner fender wells and the front bumper a bit to avoid rubbing. That being said, I suggest Mike MC's lift up front in place of spring top (ride too stiff). Also since the 285's really fill the wheel well I would suggest sticking to a 31.5" tire to avoid the rubbing and to allow for more clearance when 4 wheeling. As far as wheels go, I found that aftermarket rims (thanks to the bolt pattern and the required 2.5" backspacing for tires bigger than 30.5) were a lot more than I was willing to spend. I used 1.25" spacer/adapters (6x127 to 6x135 Ford, also made in 6x127 to 6x139.7 Chevy) and purchased some 18x9 ARE rims with a Ford bolt pattern and a 30mm offset. Since I went used I got the rims and spacers(new) for $350 (thanks to CL) and then plastidipped em. BTW the 18's w/285's killed my gas milage due to the size and weight...I'll be down sizing to 17's with 265/70 when possible :duh:. Thats just my experience, hope it helps.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
2 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the great information. I just bought a envoy and wondered about most all of the questions you answered.:)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
We all have to start somewhere, better to learn from others mistakes. I just did the lift switch to a the March MC 2.5" lift/level kit with the stock rear springs and 2" spacers and the ride is so much smoother now. BTW marc was running the lift on sale for $150 free shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts