Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy or possibly a Buick Rainier. I'm hoping some of you out there can answer some questions I have.

Was the Buick Rainier ever offered with cloth seats?

When was the Trailblazer offered with a 5.3L V8, in what trim level? The best I could find out is that it was offered in 2004-2006 EXT and 2007-2009 short wheelbase Trailblazers. Is this correct?

When was Moondust Metallic offered? 2007-2008? It looks very similar to Silver Blue Metallic offered in 2006 only.

What option package comes with the rear seat DVD entertainment system?

Is the leather offered really leather? It wears very poorly from what I've seen.

If I buy a Trailblazer with a factory CD player, can I swap it out for a factory in-dash 6 disc CD player? For a factory Navigation system?

What trouble spots should I look for specifically? Any common problems or issues?

Is the 5.3L V8 really worth the extra cost? Around Chicagoland it is very rare and adds several thousand dollars to the price tag.

I test drove two 2005 Trailblazers, one Trailblazer EXT LS and one loaded Trailblazer LS (leather, bose, 6-disc, sunroof, two-tone interior). The ride between the two were nearly identical, hard to tell the two apart when your inside. The 6-cylinder was ok for both Trailblazers, although one had a whine of sorts above 2K rpms. I was a little disappointed that the third row in the EXT does not come out. If it did it would have more room. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
I believe the 5.3 V8 was first offered in 2003 in the EXT. The leather is real only in the seat and the back part you lean against. The sides and behind the seats are pleather. The I6 has plenty of power depending on your needs.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I'm looking at buying a Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy or possibly a Buick Rainier. I'm hoping some of you out there can answer some questions I have.

Was the Buick Rainier ever offered with cloth seats?

When was the Trailblazer offered with a 5.3L V8, in what trim level? The best I could find out is that it was offered in 2004-2006 EXT and 2007-2009 short wheelbase Trailblazers. Is this correct?

When was Moondust Metallic offered? 2007-2008? It looks very similar to Silver Blue Metallic offered in 2006 only.

What option package comes with the rear seat DVD entertainment system?

Is the leather offered really leather? It wears very poorly from what I've seen.

If I buy a Trailblazer with a factory CD player, can I swap it out for a factory in-dash 6 disc CD player? For a factory Navigation system?

What trouble spots should I look for specifically? Any common problems or issues?

Is the 5.3L V8 really worth the extra cost? Around Chicagoland it is very rare and adds several thousand dollars to the price tag.

I test drove two 2005 Trailblazers, one Trailblazer EXT LS and one loaded Trailblazer LS (leather, bose, 6-disc, sunroof, two-tone interior). The ride between the two were nearly identical, hard to tell the two apart when your inside. The 6-cylinder was ok for both Trailblazers, although one had a whine of sorts above 2K rpms. I was a little disappointed that the third row in the EXT does not come out. If it did it would have more room. Thanks in advance.
Rainier only comes with leather to my knowledge.

They put the 5.3L V8 through all trim levels up through 2006 I believe. I know that 2008 and up do not have V8's. Not sure about 2007. You can find non-EXT models with V8's, but they are pretty rare.

Moondust was offered from 2007-up.

The DVD entertainment system was an add on feature, not part of any specific package. I know it was offered with the various LT packages (LT1, LT2, LT3). Not sure if in the older models you could get it in an LS.

Leather feels real to me ...

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to change stereos. I know there is a security issue ... but it can be fixed. I'm sure someone else with more knowledge on the subject will chime in.

I have an 07, had an 04 before. I had to have a steering wheel position sensor replaced on my 07 (covered under warranty), and I am having the auto HVAC controls replaced Tuesday (also will be covered). But no major problems here on either TB.

I've had the I6 in both of my TB's, and have been happy with the power. I have never driven one with the V8 to compare.

Hopefully this helps you out some. Again, I'm sure others with more knowledge on specific things will chime in. Good luck in your search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts