Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again all, I've decided to take your word for it and find a good SS grill with the bars for my LT. Because I have an 06 LT, my headlights are the newer version that don't have the split in the center for the bars. Because I've decided to find a good set of halo's for it, I'm having to "downgrade" to the older style of headlights (which means nothing to me as long as I can get my hands on halo's!). So. I've been informed by a few gentlemen that the best route to take is by buying an SS grill due to the fact that it mounts in perfectly and goes good with my bumper. I'm NOT looking for one with a chrome billet grill. That's just not me (no offense to those of you that have those). Can you guys help me out? Thanks! Semper Fi from Camp Lejeune, NC! -Lee

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Wouldn't call it a "downgrade" since there is no performance advantage at all between the 2. But google will be your friend.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Downgrade

I say that in reference to the style of parts dated by year. I personally don't like the way the older headlights look, the new ones without the grille bars cutting through the center make it look newer to me. I'm thinking about just buying the halo's and taking the newer headlight plastic off and sticking it on the halo's.. I'm sure I can find a way to put a strobe in the center of both of those halo's and make it work..

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
taking the newer headlight plastic off and sticking it on the halo's..
Good luck with that. Not saying it can't be done, but its gonna be alot of work. The clear lenses have to be cut off, they don't come off easily. The SS grille looks badass, I'd say thats the way to go if you can find one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agree

Hey bud, you're right.. I've decided to roll with the SS grille.. Good looking out to the guy that posted that link.. Time to paint after I get it..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts