Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,405 Posts
You are missing an engine cover. The TB SS or Saab 9-7x cover will bolt right on. The Denali being a lower trim model that the two just mentioned, did not get the cover from GM.

If you write nicely to the President, I am sure he can help you out. He has taken over GM, so it is now Government Motors.

Sarcasm aside, the Denali does not come with an engine cover, even though all the mounting holes are there. You can buy one for ~$75.00 including the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
Saab cover on a 5.3

I got my cover off ebay for $18 + shipping, the guy who sold it got it from Baseline Auomotive in Michigan 248-888-9215 They sold it to him for $10, brand new in the box, his receipt was still in the box, that's how I found out how much he paid. looks good but I need to put a Buick trishield emblem over the Saab emblem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
702 Posts
I also noticed the same holes after picking my truck up from the dealer. They put on a huge search of the shop and all the parts microfiches (for multiple years) for a cover without success. The mechanic (who is an acquaintance) doesn't remember removing a cover. They even ordered in a cover off a 5.3L Silverado but it didn't fit right. Even started a thread on it. http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=27766

Conclusion - there isn't one for the TB.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,405 Posts
I got my cover off ebay for $18 + shipping, the guy who sold it got it from Baseline Auomotive in Michigan 248-888-9215 They sold it to him for $10, brand new in the box, his receipt was still in the box, that's how I found out how much he paid. looks good but I need to put a Buick trishield emblem over the Saab emblem.
Looks good. Great price.

Did the Saab cover come with the attaching hardware, or did you have to purchase it extra?

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, great price. To me it just looks more complete.

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also noticed the same holes after picking my truck up from the dealer. They put on a huge search of the shop and all the parts microfiches (for multiple years) for a cover without success. The mechanic (who is an acquaintance) doesn't remember removing a cover. They even ordered in a cover off a 5.3L Silverado but it didn't fit right. Even started a thread on it. http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=27766

Conclusion - there isn't one for the TB.
Yes there is one GM part 12600390-the cover and 12601206-the bracket. This is from an SS and was told it would bolt right on.

·
South Chapter
4,615 Posts
I made a huge production about mine when I bought it at the Steelership......ended up getting one from Ebay for $28 shipped including the bracket....they are on there all the time.....Craig's list is a good place to look as well.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
33 Posts
some modifying

I had to do a little modifying to make it fit, cut a couple slits in the bottom of the bracket to make it sit flat and there is no spot for the front stud to bolt into. so it is just sitting on top of the motor, it swings up by the bracket at the rear(bracket sold seperately)

Notice the litle wingnut looking thing holding it down in the Saab picture? I cant find the wing nut, seen them on TBSS's too, just can't find a part #, and there is no spot on the 2005 and earlier intake for the stud to go into, 06 and newer 5.3's have it
#4 in the schematic is the stud I bought with no hole to attach to, #3 is a bracket I didn't buy or need, I just picked up a couple screws and washers at the hardware store for cheap for #5

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.