Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I'm a longtime lurker on the forum, having found it about 2 or 3 years ago. I'm the happy owner of a 2002 Envoy SLE 2WD, custom ordered though still mostly stock otherwise. The odometer read 7 miles when I took delivery of it, and now its around 113,000 miles. It may be getting up there in age and miles both, but its still a great vehicle to drive and I'm hoping to keep it a good number of years more.

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:tiphatWelcome!:tiphat Your truck still looks new!:thumbsup:

Well, I'll admit, that's an old picture from when it WAS brand new. It still looks pretty good, though it has a good share of stone chips and a rather bad bump in the tailgate from me backing into a mailbox a long time ago. :duh:

· Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
688 Posts
I have backed into my share of things too. Like a big light pole. But thankfully i had a trailer hitch on and it just messed up that.

Welcome to the site.

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to TrailVoy!!! Enjoy your Ride!!!:thumbsup:
I most definitely enjoy my ride!! My Envoy is definitely my favorite vehicle that I've ever owned so far. Its had its rough moments, but overall its been a very good vehicle for me for the past 113,000 miles.

I should say my truck's chassis has 113,000 miles on it, but the engine only has about 80,000 miles on it. Around 32,000 miles I noticed an unusual tapping noise coming from the engine. I don't know if it was the infamous sleeve issue or not, but GM replaced the engine pretty quickly. So a brand new engine at 32,000 miles. It still runs good now, though it seems to have a good case of piston slap, especially noticeable on cold Michigan winter mornings.

Beyond that for major repairs I've had a starter die frustratingly soon after the warranty expired due to miles, two sets of tires now, one brake job, and an assortment of other maintenance repairs. With Trailvoy's help, I did my own plug replacement and intake cleaning at about 100,000 miles. :D

Thank you to you all!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.