Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if too many others have this problem, but I have long legs and I find that the drivers seat sits a bit too close to the steering wheel even when it is in the full back position. On a previous car that I owned, I had a shop physically take the seats out, drill new holes, and then put the seats back in and that worked great. I am just unsure if that is prescribed here or not and wondering if anyone has run into and fixed this probelm. :undecided

TIA!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
566 Posts
Hopefully if you do this, the structural integrity of the mounting area equals that of the old location. Wouldn't want the bolts pulling through the floor in case of a collision.....

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I know there isn't a whole lotta leg room in the back seats either with mine in the full back position. You'd pretty much lose that seat behind you if you moved the driver's seat back any further.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
51 Posts
I have been thinking about doing this also. Im 6'7" so most vehicles are cramped for me. I thought about either moving the mounts on the floor or seeing if there was another way.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
465 Posts
I find that the more upright the seat is sitting, the further back I have to move the seat. When I reclined the seat a little, I found I had enough leg room to move the seat forward some. Not sure if you'd experienced that, but figured I would mention it.

And of course, don't forget to make sure the throttle/brake peddles are moved to the full-down position. I drove my truck for two weeks before I discovered the peddles moved.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
465 Posts
That's actually a pretty rare option. RPO Code JF4. Not standard.
That figures. Something completely useless to me, but would probably be of great help to someone else. Isn't it annoying when things work out that way?

·
Premium Member
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,572 Posts
Owning both an EXT and a standard length TB I have found out the the seats in the EXT move back further than the standard. It's not much but when I am in the standard length TB I find my self always trying to put the seat back further.
Both of them have the adjustable peddles. It was an option that I wanted because the wife is short and I wanted her to be able to have the seat back further from the steering wheel air bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts