Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Harmony ONE for my xmas gift. I was wondering if anyone here has ever owned any of the Logitech Harmony line and how they liked them. From what I have heard, the "ONE" is supposed to be a whole lot better then the rest of line unless you want RF.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,121 Posts
I've had a Harmony 880 for four years now. AWESOME remote. Program it to do macro's so tha the wife can just hit 'Play game" or "Watch DVD" or Watch TV" and all the appropriate deviceds are turned on and set to the corresponding input(s) so that it all works properly.

Have a friend with the 550 and he really likes it as well. Actually like the 'feel' of the 550 in my hand more than the 880 but prefer the rechargeable feature of the 880. I also recommend the 550 to all my cable customers who have multiple devices and want a 'one for all' that is simple to operate..

ABSOLUTELY recommend it to anyone. AMAZON has teh best prices I've seen to date... :)

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
52 Posts
I own 3 Harmony remotes now :bonk:

I've got two 880s and a One. Best remotes I can find. The only problems I've had is a well known (and discussed online) problem with the charging base on the 880 - some of them just don't sit right in the cradle and will stop charging after a while. Fortunately, that problem was solved with a wall charger and spare battery. It seems that design flaw was fixed with the One.

The One is my new home theater remote, replacing an 880, which went to the spare room for the TV, DVD Player, and VCR there. The other 880 is in my bedroom.

Setup is an absolute breeze, and upgrading from one remote to another was literally as easy as firing up the software and clicking the "replace remote" button.

If either of the 880s wears out, they'll be replaced with new Ones for the new charging cradle.

-jk

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
303 Posts
I have the ONE and my dad has the 880. He likes his very much....put a picture of his dog as the background.

I bought an IR remote with adapter for my PS3....now my ONE remote works with my PS# too. I wish Logitech would make a remote with bluetooth.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A buddy went out and bought the ONE as well and since hes owned an 880 for a few years, he had his ONE set up in 30 minutes.
I think im gonna love using it when thursday morning rolls around.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
37 Posts
Got a Harmony 1000 last christmas and I love it. :)

Only thing is that I can't seem to program a function without the remote having to switch everything on first. So if the tv is on, it will turn off...
But I guess it's a programming issue...

//Pelle

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
I love mine and it really idiot proofs it for the wife. :D When she screws it up by pointing it at the ceiling when she tries to turn something on, at least she knows to push the help button and answer the questions. :crazy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts