Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my ABS fuse and subsequently forgot which spot it went into. The diagram under the lid does not seem to match exactly. From the front of the car in the upper right hand corner, there is the fuse for the trailer and then the next fuse should be the ABS, I'm not sure which spot it lives in.

2006 tb ext 6

PXL_20210710_162740118.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have it in the correct slot. I wonder why the abs light is on after removing and replacing it? Do I have to reset the system or something?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,238 Posts
If there is a hard fault, one that is present all the time like a wire disconnected or similar then the fault will set the service ABS light as soon as power is applied and the module sees the fault. You will need to read the EBCM module (address 0x29) codes to see what the fault is.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Sounds like I need a special scanner to get that code?

Well, maybe. And maybe not. Your Ext has the 5.3 V8? Do you have any scanner?? Are you computer savvy to some degree??

I could likely read that code with a $12 OBD2 adapter but I cannot be certain because I have never had the opportunity to try.

I use the cheap little mini bluetooth obd2 adapters and do the code reading manually, learned from a post on this website some ten years ago now.

There is a Walmart branded version of an Autel code reader that would do it also. I think it is called the HT200.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I have the 6 engine, I have a Bluetooth scanner, but I thought I needed a fancy scanner to read the chassis codes?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks, I have the 6 engine, I have a Bluetooth scanner, but I thought I needed a fancy scanner to read the chassis codes?

Ahh! Then you can read that code with your bluetooth adapter, just as long as it is NOT the Bluedriver or other proprietary type device.

Cheapest option involves using a free android app and either study how to do it or just copy a few lines to tap into the device and then decode the results. Sounds harder than it really is.

Second option involves using a paid android app to do the work for you.

What app do you use with the bluetooth adapter now?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There is an old app called Car Gauge Pro that will read all the various modules in the truck. The interface is unusual and it takes a while to figure out the workflow but it will read the codes that other apps won't read.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts