Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any recommendations for some loaded/quick struts? Was looking at KYB assemblies (#4073) but I can't seem to find any in stock anywhere. A lot of people here seem to like Bilstein HD struts, but spring compressors seem to summon Antigod Murphy馃檭
Anyone have any luck with TRQ or Duralast?

Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
I would say stay away from TRQ because no one really knows who makes them. Think of them as a half of a step above non name Chinese $0.99 internet specials. I would not go with the Duralast ones either as you will never know for sure who has the contract with Autozone to manufacturer them this quarter.

I have put Monroe Quick Struts on my 2004 TrailBlazer and they are great.

By the way, what make, model, year, engine and mileage beast are we talking about?

Good Luck!

Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
I'm a Rancho-type guy.

I toured the factory once and was deeply impressed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say stay away from TRQ because no one really knows who makes them. Think of them as a half of a step above non name Chinese $0.99 internet specials. I would not go with the Duralast ones either as you will never know for sure who has the contract with Autozone to manufacturer them this quarter.

I have put Monroe Quick Struts on my 2004 TrailBlazer and they are great.

By the way, what make, model, year, engine and mileage beast are we talking about?

Good Luck!
'02 Trailblazer LS 4WD with the 4.2L and 137k miles on the odometer.

Thought about Monroes since I can get a set from Rockauto for about half the price of the KYBs. Might give them a shot until the KYBs come back in stock. Wasn't really sure on them because I've read a lot of mixed reviews with Monroes in general.

Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT

Thought about Monroes since I can get a set from Rockauto for about half the price of the KYBs. Might give them a shot until the KYBs come back in stock. Wasn't really sure on them because I've read a lot of mixed reviews with Monroes in general.
I have the Monroe load adjusting ones and they are awesome. Work great for towing

Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT

Monroe has always been a prostitute company ... I've never really liked them since they went on a buying spree and bought a lot of one-off jobshops that make shox, and then made them cheaper somehow.

Premium Member
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
I've been a fan of Gabriel struts, although I understand the factory Trailblazer struts are Bilstein. Might want to stick with what was factory.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been a fan of Gabriel struts, although I understand the factory Trailblazer struts are Bilstein. Might want to stick with what was factory.
Bilsteins would be good, minus the "some assembly required" part. Suppose I can see if a shop is willing to put them together.

Haven't heard a whole lot on Gabriels, I'll poke around and see what I can find from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts