Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start a new thread on this subject as all the other treads were very old and did not answer the question on how to actually line up the ac mode actuator. I have removed the old one and I am ready to install. People have posted that you should make sure it is in the same position as the one that came out. Mine that came out was in the 2 o'clock position. The new one is in the 12 position. How to you make the new one move? The new one came with a warning to not supply power to it until it was mounted in place. Doing so will cause it to travel past stop and cause it to fail. I am afraid to manually move it because that might strip a gear in it.

I tried to put it in just like it was and I have air to the front vents but not to the floor now. A mechanic told me the whole dash has to come out (4.5 hours labor). I know that is not correct since people on this forum swap it out in less than a hour without touching the dash. Please help, I live it Florida and it is hot!

2006 Envoy

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found this additional information but it was no help:

"Important: The new actuator is in Bi-Level mode. Place the door in the middle of the travel position before you install the actuator. "

How do you keep the door in the middle travel position while you install the actuator? The door feels like it is spring loaded and will not stay in the middle position on it own.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I found a place today that said they will do it for $65. Looks like I am going to take them up on it and save the headach for the next thing to go out on it. In the last year I have had to:

replace the idler pulley
replace the rear ac actuator
replace the ac fan control
replace the purge solonoid valve
replace the speedometer control
repair broke plastic pieces of the interior
replace the high beam headlight solonoid
clean the throttle body
now the front ac actuator

I own a Ford truck that is two years older than the Envoy and it has had the following repairs since it was new:

none

Can't wait to trade this thing in and get out of a GMC. Any vehicle that you can't disconect the battery on without causing a ac actuator to die sucks in my book. :hissy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts