Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a lot of you know, i recently herculined my entire envoy, whats still bothering me about the look is the rear tail lights.
I know i can night shade them out, but i really dont want to go that route.

What is was thinking was blacking the entire rear lights out with herculiner, and adding the line of fire as my parking, turn signals and brake, while keeping my 3rd brake light.

I also found 4" led lights that are brake, park, turn, and reverse lights that i could mount where my backup lights are as well. http://www.truckntow.com/pc-23014-147001-maxxima-led-4-round-reverse-stt-hybrid.aspx

Im looking for opinions on this, because basically once i black out, the rear tails are gone and i'd have to buy another set. I really think this will finish of the rear of the truck!

Frank

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
I have seen those on many Jeep Wranglers in my area and they still manage to pass inspection. Contact an inspection station and they should be able to give you information on it. Good luck!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go For it!!! Where you thinking about mounting the new lights??? Tailgate might look different....along the bottom like the Vette, with 2 per side
The 4" lights would replace the clear reverse lights, and be a fully functional light set. The line of fire would be under the tail gate door.

Frank

·
Registered
804 Posts
Something to also check is how many reflectors are needed... this is a commonly missed point but if somebody wants to jab you on something... I know in PA you must have in the rear a reflector on either side and two in the back.

As stated check you local inspection shop and go from there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts