Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
145 Posts
I work at a plant that makes parts for automobile seat assemblies. The car maker we manufacture for sources it's genuine OEM parts from around the globe. I'm sure pretty much all of the car makers do.

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
178 Posts
I recently installed the "genuine" AC Delco water pump I received from Rock Auto, so far so good. The box and a sticker said AC Delco, but on the back side of the pump a small white sticker said "Made in China"...
I will assume that it was GM P/N 89036357 and it is really done in China. Genuine water pump has a completely different number and is made in Canada.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
The new water pump has a Canadian sticker on it - assembled in Canada with imported parts.
The new fan clutch has a Bosch label on the small plastic cover on the front side - where the wire connector comes out of. Both Bosch and ACDELCO make original parts for GM. So I'm not surprised to find the combination of the two on these parts.
Both are "ACDELCO GM Original Equipment " from rockauto.
Water pump - ACDELCO 251731
Fan clutch - ACDELCO 1540133

The made in China water pump is the budget ACDELCO pump that costs $50 less and doesn't come with a gasket. I wonder if ACDELCO Canada just slipped a gasket onto the China pump and called it "assembled in Canada". :LOL:

I see crap like that in the music instrument world all the time.

Starting the job later this afternoon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
All done. Took about 2.5 hours with a few breaks. I think the biggest headache was trying to prop up the fan to connect the cutch to the pump. It’s very easy to cross thread it if you’re not careful since the fan is not physically connected to the shroud.

The fan ran loud for a while during the test drive but it needed more coolant in the system. Seems to be good now. The engine runs way better than the day I bought it.

Here’s a shot from after the new pump was installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Random question... could any of this be relevant to my car hitting high RPMs to get out of 1st gear? That's been a concern since I bought the thing but doesn't seem to be an issue if I've been driving for a while.
Very common with the older 4L60E Transmission. 1-2 solenoid fucks up because of GM's wonderful design of this early transmission. You can choose to ignore it and keep driving, or have a local shop replace it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Very common with the older 4L60E Transmission. 1-2 solenoid fucks up because of GM's wonderful design of this early transmission. You can choose to ignore it and keep driving, or have a local shop replace it.
Ah I was worried it was the transmission. The work I've just done for the cooling system seems to help it along but it still gets hung up in 1st gear. As long as the trans isn't going to fall apart I'll hold off on that work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Eh I'm getting ticking now. When I first did the job I heard a little noise that seemed to come from the AC pulley (my guess from when I was checking the new pump for leaks, before installing the clutch & fan shroud). It's only getting worse. I guess I'll have to look into that before it becomes a problem...

Any ideas?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts