Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VOLTS DROP NOT AMPS

hey guys, my father has a 05 TB xl. When he accelerates his head lights dim and volts drop to about 10. Also for the last couple years he has been blowing headlights one after another; usually getting only a few months out of one. He has done absolutley no mods to his TB, well he does have the molded hitch cover that blends with the bumper.

Normally dosn't the volt gauge go up when you accelerate?
Any Ideas??????

Maybe if you guys help with this i can get him to see the light and do a few mods

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Has anyone taken the tb to autozone or somewhere else and had both the battery and alternator checked? It is free. How old is the serpentine belt?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,294 Posts
My bet is the alternator needs to be replaced.

VOLTS DROP NOT AMPS

hey guys, my father has a 05 TB xl. When he accelerates his head lights dim and volts drop to about 10. Also for the last couple years he has been blowing headlights one after another; usually getting only a few months out of one. He has done absolutley no mods to his TB, well he does have the molded hitch cover that blends with the bumper.

Normally dosn't the volt gauge go up when you accelerate?
Any Ideas??????

Maybe if you guys help with this i can get him to see the light and do a few mods

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Also, check the connections to the battery and make sure they are clean/tight. I had flickering headlights and starting problems when my negative terminal connection was barely hanging on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts