Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very weird problem, I noticed it as soon as i bought the vehicle 04 envoy slt, only headlights will dim every so often(very quick), sometimes it will do it back to back then no problems. I have also noticed my check engine light comes on all the time then will go away, about a week ago my check 4wd light came on then went off when i drove for while turned key off then back on. I thought the check engine light was just bad gas cap but cap seals fine. i've seen plenty of posts where the lights dim but there's seem to happen more often then mine. Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lights dim!!

I am having the same problems as many people with my Trailblazer. ALL lights dim on the 05 Trailblazer when driving at night. At the same time the battery meter fluxuates very quickly like something is drawing on the battery. I have cleaned the terminals several times and replaced the alternator. I have found loads of complaints on the internet about the same problems and no answers. Some guys have spent thousands of dollars with no solutions. Does anyone here have a solution?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
When your lights dim, is it 5-15 miles or so from when you started out? If so, delay your driving off by 30-45 seconds after starting the engine each time and see if the phenomenon stops. We have a good theory about this one specific scenario.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Hmmm, what's rolling through your mind now?
It's the diagnostic for the secondary air injection pump that gets run if you drive off before the pump finishes getting the system into closed-loop mode when you first start up. We've talked about in the P0410 threads. I have a plan to hook up some monitor LEDS for the pump on my car after I get the new rear axle in.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
95 Posts
I have an 05 Envoy SLT that has had the dimming issue since I bought it brand new. I took it back 3 weeks after I bought it...told them the problem and they checked the charging system and checked for codes. Came back with nothing. I've never had any problems out of the Envoy...thats why I don't worry about it anymore. I haven't gone through the forums much lately but I'm guessing someone has attempted to put a grounding kit on it too see if this helps it at all. I had a similar problem with my Nissan Altima and I made a homemade grounding kit for it and it actually helped quite a bit. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
It does happen like 10 15 minutes after running but doesn't happen all the time...very sporadic...Hard to figure out what the problem is when it doesn't do it much:bonk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts