Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lift my 9-7x 5.3i. What are my options. Is it harder to lift because it has airbags in the rear ?
I'm not looking to become a hard core wheeler I just need a couple inches and a better tire.
We have a cabin in the bush and last time we drove in we had to get pulled out by a back hoe :(
The Saab sits 1 inch lower then the TB and Envoy so I get hung up when I'm offroad.
I would like something around a 33. The stock tire is 255-55-18.
For now I'd like to start with a good set of tires and a lift.
Hopefully this does not get out of hand. My wife still needs to drive this.

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm back on track. Took a brake to work on the summer car. Now my rear suspension is starting to sag pretty bad.
This is the before picture. Stock 06 9-7x 5.3i
I'm going to try and mount some ZR1 springs and then see what kind if lift I need to level it out. Then some spacers and Big tires.
My saab looks lower then all the tbs and envoys I see on here.
Some say they are the same height but I've also read they are the same height as the tbss ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy to be Lifted :)

I ordered TB springs all the way around and the 2.5 markmc lift.
The rear went well with the new springs and spacers but the front did not go so well.
The new springs with the lift on top was too long for the stock 9-7x struts.
So we only were able to use the lift with the stock springs not the new taller TB springs.
Its still looks great even though the front was supposed to be one inch taller.
I plan on getting better front struts and using the TB springs and lift.
Anyone recommend a good front strut to use.

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here are some pictures after the lift. Time to find some tires. The stock 255-55-18s arent cutting it.
The front will be raised another inch after I get some new struts. I'd like to find some 32s which should raise it another 1.5 inches

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 saab 9_7x
2 Posts
Those bling bling tires are so tiny.
Sir my 33" are so tiny but show me a Saab that has larger ones....
I have 42" of Clearance from the floor to the bottom of the fender well. The 2.5" flairs that make it look lower by 2 inches but it has a 5 inch suspention lift on the front and 6 on the back.... by combining a 2" block and a 3" strut tower extention. Sure an Envoy or Trailblazer could have that but show me a Saab?

The wheel wells are Smaller on a Saab and require much more cutting.

Thats like me saying your 4.2 eninge is so tiny compaired to my 6.0
..............:eek:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
113 Posts
I want to say it's a 5.3 under the hood with a different engine cover

Gotta be careful adding multiple spacers, you'll wreck the CV and more if your not careful.

As far as struts go I'd look at the BilstienHD that a lot of the Envoys and TB are using. I assume they would work, but I'm not positive. I don't even know of anyone on offroadtb that has a SAAB. It's be worth a try though since they're relatively cheap. Basically you'd want to just mimic one of those setups and then move on from there. I'm sure there's lots of guys that would be interested in seeing what works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.