Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no reference to go by on what new liftgate struts should feel like when closing the gate since I bought the trailblazer used many years ago and they were pretty much shot when I got it. Finally decided to buy some new ones and install went easy. The issue I have is I have to put a lot of force on the gate to close it and if I don’t slam it shut then it won’t close all the way. Is this normal? I bough the : FCS 84573 Lift Supports from rock auto.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
5,156 Posts
Yup --- that's the way mine works --- gotta slam it --- er, gently-but-purposely with somewhat mitigated vengeful force.

When you go to open it, you should have to gently* lift it about 1/3rd of the way and then it SHOULD self-rise .. proviso the day is hot and the struts are somewhat new-ish.
(* - that's not really a good descriptive word ... make it: "somewhat below the force that causes an inguinal hernia")

Hot weather causes the captured gas in the struts to exert more pressure and that's gonna help with lifting the deck. Maybe.

Cold weather will bring out the testosterone in you, whether you identify as male, female or "other".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts