Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My liftgate sometimes malfunctions so that I can't open it. When that happens my remote will also not work - it will neither unlock car doors or open them. I have to manually open the car. However, the controls on my driver's door will unlock all doors except for the liftgate. When the malfunction occurs with the liftgate, sometimes my rear wipers will also not work and my inside roof lights also malfunction - they either stay on or won't come on. The only way I can open the liftgate is to open the cover on the inside panel (by reaching across from the backseat) and manually releasing the latch. I have checked the liftgate to see if there are any obstructions and there are not. It looks like the liftage properly latches on. Not sure if the liftgate has sensor...could this be a sensor problem?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The receiver for the factory remote unlocker is the liftgage control module. If its power or communication wiring is intermittent, it has strange symptoms like you are seeing. Look inside the liftgate for corrosion contamination on the module's wiring, and also look inside the rubber boot at the hinge area for flexed wiring that's breaking inside the insulation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts