Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experience a rattle from the lower middle part of the liftgate?

I can put pressure on the panel right in the middle, near the "plug" and it will stop.

I pulled the plug out and felt around in there...i felt some moving parts but when i wiggled them, it didnt sound like the sound i was hearing.

I know i should pull the panel, but the last thing i want is more rattles....but this one is bad...so i may bite the bullet.

Anyone have this problem or an easy fix?

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
same problem

I have the same problem with my 2008 TB. I took off the rear panel and there is a lot in there that could cause the rattle. I think the source is the mechanism that prevents the window and/or gate from opening at the same time. I tried to put lithuim grease on the moving parts and that seamed to work for a while. It has come back again and bugs the crap out of me.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,877 Posts
Does it only rattle when you're driving, or also when you sit with the engine idling? Can you get someone to drive the truck while you sit in the cargo section with the panel off? That way when it rattles, you can touch your finger to the hardware in the lift gate and figure out exactly what's rattling, and troubleshoot from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.