Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
My 08 trail blazer suddenly lost key fob functions, unable to open liftgate or window, and lost rear wiper. I had a feeling the problem was in the flex joint for the wires. Getting door open was biggest concern. Found access to manual unlock. In flex joint area found large orange wire with cracked insulation but intact, found black wire broken off. Repaired wires. rechecked and all is fine now. I have been a master tech for 20 years and I am glad that people are willing to share help with each other. Thanks again... Vince

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Lock control module probem

Thanks to this site I found the broken wire in the lift gate rubber boot and soldered it. PROBLEM SOLVED! Everything that had stopped working now works properly. Local GMC dealer quoted about $450 to fix it. I just upgraded my membership.
The first step, after checking fuses, was to determine that no power was reaching the module in the lift gate. I did not find the broken wire on the first try and decided to take another look. I was preparing to pull the head liner but decided to take another look at the wiring passing through the boot. I got more aggressive and pulled it out further and found the small orange (power) wire severed and the black and large orange wire frayed.
The plastic tool set designed to remove the trim is a good investment. About seven bucks at Harbor Freight. It saves breaking the plastic clips that hold the metal clips:thx

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
everything works except tailgate lock

2003 envoy I have read all the threads. I checked the wires at both ends of the boot, tugged on them pretty good and they seem intact. my defrost and wiper works. fob locks all 4 doors but not the tailgate. had to manually unlock it from the inside. when I close the hatch I can no longer hear the mechanism. could this be the lcm? if so does it need to be programmed?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
03 TB interior lights stay on; liftgate won't lock; key fob won't work

After reading the various threads about the Trailblazer's interior lights staying on, the liftgate not locking, the rear windshield wiper and key fob not working, I couldn't determine whether the liftgate control module or something else was the problem. I checked fuses and all were good. I pulled the liftgate trim off and checked for loose or cut wires but didn't see any. I pulled the rubber boots out at the hinged area of the liftgate and didn't see a problem. Similar to the post by "rbarron" I pulled on the wires a little and then one of the small orange wires came out. It was severed. I spliced the wires by using an extended wire to minimize any tension. After reconnecting the wiring harness at this location I heard a click indicating the connection was working. I started the engine and all worked properly except the key fob. I'll get a new battery to see if that is the problem. I'll just lock the vehicle manually for now. Thanks forum. :)

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
Cannot Open Tailgate

Periodically I've had the same issues ... rear wiper doesn't work, now it does ... remote fobs don't work ... interior lights illuminate differently than normal ... tailgate does not open, then it did, now it doesn't at all. Question: How do I open the tailgate???
Associated question: I had electrical issues (similar to the above) at the same time I noticed moisture in one taillight module. I removed the module, dried it out, & re-installed. Electrical issues went away. Now there is moisture in the same module again. Could the moisture cause electrical problems? (But now I can't even open the tailgate to remove the taillight module!)
UPDATE: I swapped 2 relays in the fuse box under the back seat & Whala ... everything worked. Drove a couple miles, stopped, & the system went south again. So by process of elimination, it may be the Rear Body Control Module???

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
:thx Thank you so much for the advise. It was a wire that was cut for some reason and it caused the module not to work. I reconnected the wire and the module is fine. thanks again

Salwan
Which wire was cut where ?

Disregard my question, discovered I was asking to a poster from YEARS AGO.

I t would be nice to begin a new thread for new individual issues.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Then, removed the boot from the body side ....and an orange wire fell out! It was the thin orange wire (circuit #2740, battery positive voltage) going into the 6-way connector. (I located the circuit diagram from someone else's post on this web site. Thank you.)

QUOTE]

I realize this is a very old post, but I have the same problem that everyone else seems to have with the lift gate module except my wires appear to be fine, I just have no power on the small orange wire referred to above. If I jumper it to the orange wire next to it (which does have 12volts) everything works fine. I'm a little worried about leaving it like this. I'm sure they made it a separate wire for a reason. Does anyone know where this small orange wire comes from. or know where I can get the schematic?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Replaced LCM, still can't program FOBs

I've read this thread multiple times hoping there would be a different fix for FOB programming issues that were solved by some other means than fixing broken wires or replacing the LCM. I checked all the wires in the liftgate to the connectors and got continuity on all, 12V on the oranges and the blacks were grounded. Liftgate locks and unlocks regularly, rear defroster works and so do the license plate lights. The rear wiper does not work but the wiper fluid pump does. I hear a click in the rear of the vehicle when I turn on the rear wiper but nothing. I assumed then, that it must be the LCM. Replaced that and nothing's changed. I could really care less about the wiper but I have no working FOBs and when I try to program them, the truck exits programming mode before I can program them. Anybody got any ideas? At wits end...:mad:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
20 Posts
Liftgate Control Module Problem - not

Like others, I had similar problems. Fobs didn't work, rear window wiper didn't work, some dic funtions didn't work and some lights stayed on. I checked the fuses - all checked out ok. I pulled the rear liftgate boot and checked all the wires. Everything looked good until I pulled on a small teal colored wire :no:. Sure enough it was broken! I spliced in a 12" replacement wire and everything now works. Thanks to everyone for posting about this common problem.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
4 Posts
Original owner of a 2004 Envoy XL with 108K miles. The liftgate issue popped up maybe 6 years ago on a cold rainy evening. Problem went away when the weather got warmer. Had a local shop look into it while there for a left front wheel hub replacement. Said it was a wiring harness issue. Quoted a stupid number to replace it but offered to apply a bandaid. Never looked at what they did but it worked for a couple years.

Problem returned yesterday despite no rain. Kind of funny, discovered I could get the fob to work by pounding on the upper right side of the liftgate.

Want to fix this but have not yet found a part # for the harness

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
So with my 2004 Chevy trailblazer my rear wiper works. Rear defrost works.
But my remote doesn’t work. When I press the button on the remote it just blinks red. Doesn’t lock or unlock my TB.

I noticed the antenna behind the review mirror.

That when I press the button it blinks blue lights.

Anyone have any pointers here ?:thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 GMC Envoy and I am trying to see if anyone knows how to test the liftgate control module. the power connections to the liftgate control module have two orange wires and think a brown wire and a purple wire. I need to know how to check the wires.. do the orange wires both have to have power with a vehicle shut off or without me hitting any button and what about the other wires are they ground. my key fob stopped working and when I hit the unlock button on the doors all the doors unlock except the liftgate. I checked for broken wires at the boot and they seem in good shape I didn't see no connection there no connector do I need to pull the wires out? please if anyone knows how to test the wires help me with the response. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1 Posts
lift gate, rear lock, key fob entry

I have the same issue with mine, all fuses are great, will check the wire bundle tomorrow, my biggest question to this thread is all of the issues I have on my 2005 envoy, but I also have a non working dome light upon door entry, dome light fuses are good as well. pretty perplexed on this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took my 05 Envoy to GM today to check why the remotes doesnt work anymore, nor does the rear wiper or rear defroster, and also the liftgate does not lock when I lock all doors from inside the car. The only way to lock it is manualy.

The dealership said that the LGM (rear body control module) has gone bad. But they scaned with the computer the car and they said that there is a short circut somewhere in the ground of the car, they showed me a module that is located under back seat on the driver side (where the fuses are) and said they suspect that it caused the module to fail. Any suggestions on this issue

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 GMC Envoy and I am trying to see if anyone knows how to test the liftgate control module. the power connections to the liftgate control module have two orange wires and think a brown wire and a purple wire. I need to know how to check the wires.. do the orange wires both have to have power with a vehicle shut off or without me hitting any button and what about the other wires are they ground. my key fob stopped working and when I hit the unlock button on the doors all the doors unlock except the liftgate. I checked for broken wires at the boot and they seem in good shape I didn't see no connection there no connector do I need to pull the wires out? please if anyone knows how to test the wires help me with the response. Thanks.
Liftgate Module 2003 Envoy

Is the relay switch located under the rear seat driver's side, mentioned in this thread also known as the liftgate module? If not, does anyone know where the liftgate module is located? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
65 Posts
My remote hasnt worked in years never tried to fix it I just use the key now I took the remote off my keyring

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
My remote hasnt worked in years never tried to fix it I just use the key now I took the remote off my keyring
When the LCM or wiring to it goes bad, your rear window wiper, rear window defroster, electronic door lock/unlock function (via key fob) all stop working.

If that is not what you experienced, you just had a key fob go bad.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
65 Posts
I tried a few years to put a new battery in the remote and nothing happened. I don't use the rear window defrost. And I took the rear wiper off. Those do work though

61 - 79 of 79 Posts