Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Issue resolved!!!

:thx2002 Chevy Trailblazer:
Symptoms: Non-functional - Rear wiper, rear defrost, keyless entry remote and rear hatch lock.

First off, thank goodness for this blog!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Before I went out and purchased a liftgate control module I figured I would do a little research first and I'm so glad I did!

My wires (blue & orange) were broken and my husband was able to fix them and everything is working once again. This fix couldn't have happened at a better time since we just got about 15 inches of snow and it was killing me not having a functional rear defrost and wiper.

Thank you everyone!!:thx

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1 Posts
Liftgate Module 2003 Envoy

Is the relay switch located under the rear seat driver's side, mentioned in this thread also known as the liftgate module? If not, does anyone know where the liftgate module is located? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
79 Posts
I have the same issues too. Taking mine apart tomorrow. My keyless failed on me a week ago and I can't procrastinate anymore.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
29 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could verify that the light blue wire is in fact supposed to be 12V. Mine is at .27V which doesn't equate to a broken wire. I think the blue wire is a signal wire and if so .27Vdc wouldn't be an odd reading at all. All of my wires seem good and I'm leaning towards the actual LGM being my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
trouble with liftgate,remotes and rear wiper

Hello,
I have an 02 Envoy SLT 4x4. I have been a frequent lurker, but firstime poster.
I came across this thead while searching for info on liftgate not locking, rear wiper not working, rear defrost not working, and remote lock/unlock not working. Have checked the wiring and none are broken. Will check with meter tomorrow.

People mention liftgate control module and relay. Where specifically are these located? I get the idea that the relay is in fusebox under rear seat, but can't see anything labled as such. Checked fuse #3, it was fine. Fuse #19 is blank on mine.

I apologize in advance if this info is posted somewhere, but I have searched so many threads at this point, my head is spinning.:crazy:
Any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
trouble with liftgate,remotes and rear wiper

Update:

Orange wire was broke. Re-attached. Got the rear window defrost to work, but not the wiper, washer pump, gate still won't lock, and remotes still don't work.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
117 Posts
Hello everyone. New to the site. I am on my second LCM. The only thing that is not working on my Trailblazer is the rear wiper and washer.I am going to look at the wire issue tomorrow. My question is do you have to program the new module to the vehicle?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, I looked at the wires it the lift gate and the two orange wires are 12 volts, and the blue wire is around 2 volts. I moved the wires around and none of the voltage values changed. I put my old module in (the wiper quit working but the washer worked when it was removed), and the wiper and washer do not work with this module either. Is it time for another module?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
Update!!

I had a broken black wire in the harness in the boot between the gate and the body. Was a easy fix. with the black wire broken I lost the wiper and the locks. the liftgate control mod clicked when you tried to use it. Hope this helps someone else down the road.:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, I had a chance to explore the site and I find that I do have to program the LCM. I will let everyone know what I find out.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
9 Posts
More of the same problem-Tailgate wires broken, remote not working

2002 Envoy SLT

Thanks to the various posts about this problem, I have established that I have multiple broken wires on the tailgate lock wire harness, as well as the protective sheathing on other wires that has cracked or been crimped and are now exposing the wire strands inside, which may in time lead to a short. The tailgate now cannot be opened as the power to open the lock has been lost due to the break. I will have to employ the emergency release to get it open again. From the state of the wires in the harness I can see someone has been in there already fixing "stuff". If I carry on splicing wires the whole repair will be enormous and thick and may just break down again very quickly due to the lack of space and the rubber boot that seems way to small anyway.

To my point or question: It would seem prudent to replace all the wires in the harness( I think fives in total) and I may just have to go down this route. Is there an electrical connection point a short distance away from tailgate entry point, that just plugs in, so I do not need to splice in wires, or is the only way forward to go and splice the wires.

Many thanks

Tailor

:hijacked

·
Registered
117 Posts
My trailblazer has a plug just inside the body past the rubber boot. you might be able to reconstruct the harness or get a used one at the junk yard. Just a thought

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
Liftgate Control Module

Could someone please tell me where this is located on an 02 Envoy short wheel base? Also, where is the relay for this that some people mention?
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3 Posts
in the same boat checked wires coming out of truck body into liftgate they seem fine checked for power at LGM and had power at module any ideas of where to go for a new LGM and how much should I be looking at to get it programed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Standard Liftgate Problem

My first time posting, though I do glance through once in a while.

This week, I noticed that my keyfob wasn't working. Then, noticed that the inside domelights would remain on, radio would not retain power, rear wiper stopped working, liftgate lock/unlock didn't work. I wasn't quite sure how to determine if the defogger was still working; and the license plate lights were ok. Read like the standard liftgate control module problem.

After reading the many comments on this site, it was clear that something was wrong with either the LGM or the associated wiring. After reading from someone's comments of how to emergency-release the liftgate (should've know it would be right there in the owners manual), I removed the boot from the liftgate side and didn't notice anything that really jumped out -- even tugged on the wires slightly. Then, removed the boot from the body side ....and an orange wire fell out! It was the thin orange wire (circuit #2740, battery positive voltage) going into the 6-way connector. (I located the circuit diagram from someone else's post on this web site. Thank you.)

As a quick test, I reconnected the ends of the orange wire, temporarily wrapped it with electrical tape and then tried out the keyfob. It worked!! I'll have time tomorrow to make a permanent fix but, I truly appreciate everyone's commentaries. (I've attached a photo of my temporary fix.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
1 Posts
way to flip tailgate DOWN?

Hello, First time poster...
I have been searching this site for info on my Envoy XUV tailgate not opening, and I have made quite a bit of progress. Here is my issue. I have manually opened the tailgate multiple times, but it will only open sideways. In order to access the boot at the hinge point, I need to manually open the tailgate DOWN. I am willing to totally remove the tailgate if someone tells me how, but if I could just get the gate down, I could move on from this headache. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
17 Posts
Hi All,

New user, cross posting from the other liftgate control module thread.

Thank you to all who described and posted photos of the broken wires. I found that the big black wire was broken. You saved me about $300 in parts and programming.

Now the question I'm cross posting:

Has anyone bought a new wire harness from GM and installed it? How did it go?

Thanks!

- Paul

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
9 Posts
I have the same problem. I have checked all of the wires in the rubber boot and they are all intact. No breaks, no cuts, nothing yet I'm am having all of the symptoms you guys are having. No key fob, no wipers, no defrost. I'm at my wits end with issue. I have a warantee with this truck. Does anybody know if this is covered by warrantee or a recall this is certainly a manufacturers defect. Looks like I'm on my way to the dealer. :duh:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If it's an aftermarket warranty, all the contracts are different and you'll have to consult its exact written terms.

Are you sure the CONDUCTOR is intact inside the insulation of each of the wires? You really can't be certain unless you run a continuity check from end to end on each wire. That requires access to the schematics. Have you been using them? How about power? Do each of the three wires that need power in the liftgate have it?

At your wits end isn't the end of the world - it just means you need an engineer or experienced electrical technician to troubleshoot it instead of whatever process you've been using. :confused:

21 - 40 of 77 Posts