Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lifting my work vechile because i keep bottoming out on my way to houses. I dont know how much weight i carry on regular basis. I do know that when I'm all loaded up for the day I look like i've lowered the rear to match the front. My question would be if i did the bds lift and z71 rear springs would that give more payload. I think probably right at load capacity if not just over. I also do some mild off-roading for work (driving up some really washed out driveways).

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
You might also consider the Airlift1000 bags inside the stock coil springs. If you're on the bump stops already, then you could be bending the axle tubes and I can tell you the end of that story isn't pretty.

Lift won't give you more capacity, but Z71 springs or AIrlift1000 helper bags will be a good tactic.

I don't suppose you can get a work trailer to keep the weight out of the back?

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
there no way to pull a trailer to all the places i have to go. it would just get stuck. i'm not on the bump stops but almost. i can still put my hand in between the bump stop and plate. i'm lifting for more clearance. i really need it. every once in awhile i can hear the frame hitting the ground while going through washes. it just enough wieght to make the back sag. mainly sattelite dishes and receivers not much more wieght than the seats that i took out i'm sure.

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,335 Posts
Would you like to gain some brownie points with some of the senior members of this community? It's REAL simple, just crawl under the front of your TV where your front springs are... Look for a tag attached to the springs. Make note of the code written on each tag as well as the color of the tag. Then go to your glove box, you'll notice a little label on there with a bunch of codes.... make note of all the codes that start with 6's or 7's...

Take that very important information, and post in this thread... http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=58599

This very quick process would be of much appreciation to the community!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.