Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 03 Envoy, I want a small 2" lift or so with slightly larger tires.

Whats a good offest so the tires are flush with the body?
I am getting new rims to and obviously there isnt much aftermarket for these rides. Should I get a wheel adapter so I can get the rims I want or just leave it and deal with it?
Any recommendations on a lift style that wont cause issues down the road?

I did look into the net and dang theres overwhelming information with way too many ideas to decide. I thought I would go directly to you guys.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
There are many styles of lifts/ levels for our platform. Rough country and bds have one that replaces the top mount on the strut out front. Then there is cheap ones that go on top of stock mount and those are the ones you want to avoid unless your 2wd. They tend to cause binding in 4wd. Then there are ones from suspensionmaxx and supreme suspension that you dissemble the strut and install spacers and put back together. These are most common. And most likely for bigger tires you will need spacers/ adapters. The selection of offroad aftermarket wheels in are stock bolt pattern is slim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you just want to level your Envoy, you can raise the front using spacers like ReadyLift and Suspension Maxx.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are many styles of lifts/ levels for our platform. Rough country and bds have one that replaces the top mount on the strut out front. Then there is cheap ones that go on top of stock mount and those are the ones you want to avoid unless your 2wd. They tend to cause binding in 4wd. Then there are ones from suspensionmaxx and supreme suspension that you dissemble the strut and install spacers and put back together. These are most common. And most likely for bigger tires you will need spacers/ adapters. The selection of offroad aftermarket wheels in are stock bolt pattern is slim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My uncle got a new 2WD project we'll work on right after we finished installing the brake kit and ironman tires on the current Wrangler project. He's leaning towards BDS kit for strut out front top mount replacement. What could be the biggest tire could fit without rubbing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts