Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm new to this site and to the trailblazer world just bought one 2 weeks ago. Anyway looking to lift it because I do a lot of hunting and just want to get her off the ground a bit more. Question is (and maybe this should be for Mark? cause he looks to be the guy) looking at everyone's kits it looks to be either a spring spacer or a strut spacer for the front end. And Mark yours looks to combine the 2 maybe? But has anyone ever stacked say a 2" strut with a 1.5" spring? Or is 3.5" or 4" maybe putting to much stress on the cv or putting the knuckle too far out of whack? If its just the cv's has anyone tried dropping down the diff? I really haven't dug around in the front end yet to see if its even possible but I've done plenty of lift kits on the gm fs pickups and on those its not a whole lotta work to drop the diff. Then again if you can drop the diff why hasn't anyone just dropped the lower control arms and made longer knuckles to make a 6"? Anyway just some thoughts I would love to have everyones input.

Thanks much, Jim

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
3" front is Max we can go due to CV angles and upper ball joints.
The front disconnect is mounted to the oil pan with the drive shaft running through the oil pan, so dropping the front disco means a strait axle swap.
Another infinite GM design...:bonk:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got ya, thanks Mark. I still haven't had a chance to crawl under it but I'll take your word. Sounds like your the man that's gonna know. Next question is doing a spring spacer gonna effect the ride a lot? I really don't wanna make it any stiffer, she rides like a caddy now. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.