Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I was wondering if someone could assist me in finding a forum that shows how to replace LEDs for the license plate, I just wanna make sure i'm doing it properly

Thanks,
Martin

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
Theres not really a how to on replacing the license plate bulbs. The bulbs are 194's same as the interior map/dome bulbs.

The LEDs are polarized they only work one way so if you plug them in and they don't work reverse them. it won't hurt anything if you plug them in wrong.

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
you need a Phillips head screw driver to remove the lens cover, remove the old bulbs, put the new bulb in(they are polarized, so if it doesn't work turn the bulb around. Once the you've see that the bulbs work, put the cover back on. Have a beer and enjoy your new bulbs

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o and you can put led lights into the headlight component of your car? like beside the headlights?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
http://superlumination.com/194.htm

so any bulbs on this site would work? as long as they are 194?
Yes almost any 194 from that site will work. There is only one thing you have to worry about is the bulb may be to long, I believe Blazin Trails (member on here) had that issue with a set he bought.

A few members on here use these including myself, they come from China and they may take a month and half to get to you but they are worth it.

o and you can put led lights into the headlight component of your car? like beside the headlights?
You can hook up LED strips but as for using everyday LEDs no they don't make them in our bulb size. You will want 5000k HIDs if your looking for that bright white look (most use VVME, I personally use Jetttstreams a vendor on here)

·
Premium Member
2008 gmc envoy_sle
224 Posts
I got mine from Jetttstream.com, check theirs out, very high quality.

And yes, they are polarized, so if they don't work the first time, flip them 180 degrees.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok guys I've done a little looking around, both on my car and online, this may be a dumb question, but I was wondering if the 2 bulbs on the license plate are the same size as the "Brights" the headlights, or are those 2 for the brights completely different? Because if you look at your lights close up, it's just a little bulb. Maybe a bigger bulb than the ones on the license plate?
And I heard that superlumination.com is a very good site for bulbs, could I get a consensus from you guys? I think a fellow before me mentioned eBay.

Thanks again

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
No, the license plate bulbs are not the same as your high beams.
You can estimate the relative brightness of the license plate lamps versus the high beams by the following process.

1) Bend over at night and look closely at one of your license plate lamps with your right eye and don't blink for ten seconds.

2) Look into a dark place for a minute or so and see how long the afterimage takes to fade.

3) Do the same to one front high beam from the same distance with your left eye.

4) See how many DAYS the afterimage takes to fade.

5) Enjoy driving around for a while with your right eye only.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
Oh Roadie...... :thumbsup: :crackup: :rotfl:

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
You can estimate the relative brightness of the license plate lamps versus the high beams by the following process.

1) Bend over at night and look closely at one of your license plate lamps with your right eye and don't blink for ten seconds.

2) Look into a dark place for a minute or so and see how long the afterimage takes to fade.

3) Do the same to one front high beam from the same distance with your left eye.

:rotfl:

·
Banned
1,354 Posts

You probley should not have posted this, the OP seems like the kinda person that would actually try this

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
159 Posts
:excited::crackup::rotfl: Roadie your cool!!! :dielaugh: It used to be ways of saying "use the search feature", now it's just funny as hell instructions. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
194 do fit but or less wattage of the right bulbs 2825,but the LED 194 are much brighter then reg 194(so they look the same).But for incandescent bulbs 2825 is the proper bulb.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts