Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GMC Envoy SLE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I threw on some two inch spacers for my wheels. Now, when I turn, my wheels run agains the wheel well and a bolt too. Im also getting a pop sound but i’m assuming it’s because of the wheel going past the bolt in the wheel well. I’m in need of suggestions of kits to fix this issue.

Thank You! -Schadman

·
Registered
633 Posts
2WD or 4WD?

It makes a BIG difference.

Reactions: JohnTB2002

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
2WD or 4WD? It makes a BIG difference.
I have a 4WD and I'm curious about this too. I was just about to throw my 2" spacers on then I came across the other comment you made about how adversely it affects the front suspension. Now I'm starting to think about drop springs on the rear instead.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a 4WD and I'm curious about this too. I was just about to throw my 2" spacers on then I came across the other comment you made about how adversely it affects the front suspension. Now I'm starting to think about drop springs on the rear instead.
Hang on a bit - I'm in the process of building a device to increase the spring pressure to actually raise the front end a couple of inches without going into destroying all the GM-engineered suspension limitations and keeping the CVs safe and where they need to be at all times.

It involved spacers at first, then I've got some spring seats that place more pressure on the springs themselves and not jeopardize the CVs and plunger joints.

I'll be taking videos and I'll try to explain along the way - what the end goal is and how to get there without destroying the front end.

My new Upper/Lower Ball joints, front drive axles and sway bar interlinks just arrived this afternoon and I'm taking inventory and checking out the whole process.

I didn't expect those parts for another two weeks as I'm right in the middle of building a welding cart to hold all my electrical and gas welding gear on one tow-able cart.

I'm a LITTLE behind in my projects - but the weather was so nice yesterday that I spent the whole time fishing in Big Hole Montana.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Envoy SLE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2WD or 4WD?

It makes a BIG difference.
My envoy is 2WD.
I was debating about throwing a rough country leveling kit on it cause it was cheap but i ended up removing the bolt that holds down the wheel well towards the trim and replacing it with a trusty ziptie! Now all i have is the ear wrenching sound of the wheels rubbing a hole into the well and once the holes there, i’m hoping i won’t have to worry about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
looks like you’re trying to run a 32” tire, I know on my old trailblazer I had a 3” suspension lift and 3” body lift and still had rubbing issues with 33s. You’re going to need a little bit more lift than 2” to clear 32s comfortably. You can make it work like you said by hacking the fender well up, but that’s just how it is with these. The geometry of the front ends of the gmt360 platform just isn’t the best for Big tires or lift kits. Also, when you installed the lift spacers you should have flipped the upper control arms. Pretty much you take the driver side control arm, flip it upside down and install it on the passenger side, and flip the passenger side control arm and install it on the drivers side. This gives the ball joint a better angle and gives the wheel less camber after a lift kit is installed. Not sure if that pop sound could be coming from the ball joint or like you said from the bolt the tire was hitting but not a bad idea to try either way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 3" front and 2" rear lift, 32" **** Cepek trail country EXP tires (almost) 33". I am using 1.5" wheel and hub centric spacers, no rubbing at all. U still need spacers even with a lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts