Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pictures of my completed leveling kit installed. Thanks to all the people how have wrote about suspension lifts. The total time to install 1 hr. WOW was that easy. Boy what a change in looks.:woot:

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did take apart the struts. Because my truck had 150,000 miles I purchased some used one with very low mile and place the spacers in the new ones and just swapped for the older ones. Just a work of advise you will need a front end alignment when your done. If your truck has higher miles you may want to carefully look at the ball joints. I replaced the uppers and lowers a few months after the lift kit was installed. I hope this helps.
Tom

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The total added lift was 1.75" The kit was purchased off E-bay and I think I paid $60.00 ?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a small side note. The tires that were in the picture have been replaced. The original tire size was 245-65-17, they were replaced with 265-65-17 what I nice tire size to fill the wheel well with out hitting the ball joint. 1/8" clearance.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
looks great! I am thinking of doing the same to mine. I'm about to replace my front struts and wanted to do the leveling kit. Did the kit cause a positive camber and that's why you needed the alignment?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts