Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, is the stock 05 envoy XL suspension level? I know that most pickup trucks do not have a stock LEVEL suspension. Is the envoy suspension level? Or is the rear a little higher then the front?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm on the fence here cuz I would love to level out the suspension, but i'm not sure how it would affect towing ability/capacity. I don't do much towing now, but i'm moving out to Colorado and there is a snowmobile waiting out there for me and i'm not exactly sure how leveling out the suspension would fair towing that u know

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
i'm on the fence here cuz I would love to level out the suspension, but i'm not sure how it would affect towing ability/capacity. I don't do much towing now, but i'm moving out to Colorado and there is a snowmobile waiting out there for me and i'm not exactly sure how leveling out the suspension would fair towing that u know
Just jumping in here to keep you interested and coming back.

Most stock TV's ( minus the SS ) have a built-in rake of approx. 2". If this is due to Aero aspects on the road or the towing package..I don't know. Not familiar with the Envoy(your options) options, but the leveling aspect can can be achieved with various simple/inexpensive adjustments or additions. Aftermarket airbags come to mind for towing,without affecting stock ride quality. The a desired end result can be had by using the SEARCH function at the top of this forum and investing a little time.

I am sure more knowledgeable members will jump in here and assist you to your end result.

Good luck in you quest & stay tuned....Mike

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea but i found a spacer taht's sold by suspension maxx on www.summitracing.com that will do a 1.75" front lift on it to level out the suspension for the most part. It leaves a .25" gap between the back and the front. I just don't know what this is going to do to the towing of the vehicle u know what I mean.....btw to teh person who posted above this, I didn't mean to be mean with teh sarcasm, just most people on here try to be a-holes about the search function, but sometimes you really can't find out what you want to know with the search function. So i appolagize ahead of time for that seeming a bit harsh.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
If your looking to level out your truck, there is a member "markmc" who makes a kit complete with all you need to know for the install and it's alot better and cheaper than anything out there. It's called the "liftmeister" I (as well as alot of other member) have purchased it from him and its awsome. Also if all you are going to be towing is a sled.....the back end will not even drop a 1/2 inch. I tow a pontoon boat in the summer, with a 28' scissor lift galvanized trailer (it weighs more than the boat) and mine only drops about an inch to inch and a half.:m2::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:iagree: The liftmiesters lift will give you what you want as well as help a fellow member out. Your TV won't sag too much as long as you have decent shocks.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
btw to the person who posted above this, I didn't mean to be mean with the sarcasm, just most people on here try to be a-holes about the search function, but sometimes you really can't find out what you want to know with the search function. So I appolagize ahead of time for that seeming a bit harsh.
No harm..No foul.

I am an old person. Been there, Done most. Nothing phases me. Just trying to help you out. Not an AZZHAT by any stretch.

You have at least 4 things going.

1) Level out the stocker Weenie Dog.
2) Not compramize the stock towing capacity.
3) From the other thread...change to at least 22" rims & tires .
4) Moving from NJ to CO.

To carry on from here.

1) You go up in the front or down in the back ( or a combo of both ) to level. Many ways to accomplish this end goal.

2) You will not harm the stock towing capacity as long as you use your head. Read the multi-threads in this Towing forum, "What has been towed with a TB".

3) Not up on Bling Rims & Tires....Not my Bag.

4) Good luck on the move. More snow and adverse conditions in Colo. than NJ. Again, use your head.

Hope this helps and again.....Good luck on your quest to satisfaction.

Mike

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha TB, i'm well on my way to opening a snowboard shop, so CO is about the right place to be. yea, i did post that thread about the 22's, but who knows, i'll admit, i'm 21, young, and stupid, if i do end up getting them i'll prob. end up kicking myself lol, but god...they'd look so hot lol. Either way, i'v got a lot of deciding ahead of me lol

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Yepper, i can hook you up bro!

Thanks for the referance guys!

FYI, mrs markmc pulls a 20ft boat that is around 3K lbs.
The air bags in the rear springs helps ALOT!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha, yea, i'v spent a ton of time in CO and realized that it prob. wouldn't be a good idea.....if I can get my hands on a lift then i'll prob. go with 18"s with some offroad tires (finally giong to have a lifted truck again.....thank god, it's been to long without one) btw, marcmc....i hit you up with a pvt about the lift

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anyone put this lift on an envoy? Marcmc's lift looks awsome, but was just wondering if someone had put this in an envoy. If you have, would you be able to post a pic of it. Thanks guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts