Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see your guy's custom sub boxes in your rides. I'm a carpenter, so I have all the tools needed to make my own box, but was just wanting some ideas of what you have.

I had a few questions about subs and stuff. I have an 05 TB with the factory radio in it. I am fairly novice when it comes to radios and didn't know if I could buy a sub and amp and have them hooked up to my factory radio? Or do I have to buy a new headunit?

Thanks for any pics and advice.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
371 Posts
Check out the pictures of mine in my profile. The box is only 8" tall and I have made a storage compartment that gets lit up with LEDs when the lid is opened. The subs and amp are covered by a sheet of 1/2" Lexan and backlit with blue LEDs.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
as much as i enjoy showing off my audio skillz, there is a search button, there are several threads on this topic.

you can hook up a sub to your stock Head Unit (or HU), with a bypass. if you want better sound i would sugest a new HU, speakers, and an amp. :m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
:dielaugh::dielaugh::crackup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now you see it.......

Now....you don't!!!

Now, that's an idea!! I like that, you can still utilize the whole space in the back. Did you have to reinforce the sub with additional bracing when you did this? Where did you mount your amp?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
107 Posts
its really all in what you want, sorry guys ive been slacking posting on here works been killing me, but if you or anyone else wants to throw me some max dimensions ill throw you up a crazy design just give me a idea what youd like, heres a few ive made

ill have to upload new pics to photobucket one of these days, im getting lazy once i get off work, been making alot of kerfed enclosures lately, every pic but the last one, was builds for a trailblazer with 2 18's using DC lvl 4s and Sundown nightshades!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
107 Posts
which one? The DCs were in a 12 cubic ft box after displacement and nightshades in 9.5 cubes after displacement

1 - 19 of 19 Posts