Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
:woohoo:, she came in the mail today. Have to wait until I give her a bath before putting it on. Washing the towel I use to dry the tb with right now, so hopefully soon I have it on.

lol, I got my stampede deflector today as well. I'll be spraying it with some krylon fusion white in the next day or two then I should have it on before the meet. I guess thats another nice thing with white. since there's no metallic and its a pretty basic color, the paint is nice and cheap

By the way, for those thinking about getting a clear deflector, might wanna put some hustle on it, pretty much every manufacturer has just recently discontinued them. I had a heck of a time finding mine. Most of the accessory shops couldn't get one at all

Discussion starter · #43 ·
By the way, for those thinking about getting a clear deflector, might wanna put some hustle on it, pretty much every manufacturer has just recently discontinued them. I had a heck of a time finding mine. Most of the accessory shops couldn't get one at all
Ya, I found that out as well. Get'em while you can :thumbsup:, might be able to find one on ebay every so often otherwise.

Nice I wil take a pic of mine tommorrow. I have the same-paint matched. I like what you did with the color matched front grill.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
I like what you did with the color matched front grill.
Thanks,:eek:fftopic: it really doesn't take much to paint it. Just get yourself some bulldog adhesion promoter, the correct color primer, and a can of your color and some clear. Oh, and some real fine sand paper to wet sand with once it is cleared.

Thanks sorry to go off topic:) But back on topic color matched is the way to go. I have seen a few smoke or clear but doesnt look as sharp. I did see a 3500 duelie today at the car wash with the marine corp emblem painted on the side and his bug deflector was the american flag.

Discussion starter · #49 ·
Absolutely beautiful.... :hail::hail:

:undecided I wonder what genius gave you the idea of the color matched sprayed on the reverse side of a clear deflector. :crackup:
Does yours rest a little on top of your headlights. Think I might take some Velcro on the ends to help hold it up a bit.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
No, mine does not sit on the paint at all. I cant really tell from your pic where it is hitting.
On both sides the deflector, it rests a bit on the top of the headlights. So, I was going to take some velcro to help hold it up. Ill see if I can take a better pic or two today

Another one from yesterday's Michigan meet. (thanks to MichBlaze02 for the pic)

Good thing Ducati doesn't seem to mind his idea being borrowed, cause not only is it color matched, its white and a Stampede too. Lol, maybe he won't notice.

Discussion starter · #56 · (Edited)
Maybe these will help to show you what is happening with mine.

Mark from the hood slamming down I would imagine

Mark from the hood slamming down I would imagine

There seems to be a gap

Pushing up on the deflector

My latest thought was to maybe take one of the rubber buttons that came with it and place on my headlight to help keep the deflector from hitting it. Otherwise, was thinking of doing the Velcro thing.

the soft side of the velcro might work, but you'll probably have to replace it every few months as it might wear over time. On a side note, love the calendar

Discussion starter · #58 · (Edited)
the soft side of the velcro might work, but you'll probably have to replace it every few months as it might wear over time. On a side note, love the calendar
Well, I was thinking of using both sides of the velcro. Hopefully that would hold it up :undecided. Not sure, Ill have to call the guys I got it from tomorrow and see if this is common. I just put some clear scuff saver stuff on my headlight where it was hitting, use that stuff on my skis and works great against scratches. I think if I put enough of the industrial velcro stuff on that it should hold.

Ya, the velcro thing didn't work :no: , needs something stronger then that. On the other had the clear tape stuff I put down seems like it will protect both headlight and deflector. I really don't think they should hit your headlight though.

Discussion starter · #59 · (Edited)
I was cleaning the TB this last weekend, and was able to finally get a close look at the deflector. I noticed a small chip that looked dark behind it, which got me thinking. Is this really a smoked deflector that was completley painted, and not a clear deflector painted from the back side :undecided. Anyone have a # for their clear deflector(think I saw a # on mine in big numbers). Will have to give them a call if mine turns out to be smoke. They will owe me life time paint jobs on it if they can't get a clear one any longer :mad:. Ill have to check into this after work.

In their defence though (the place I bought it from), they might never of actually seen it before painting, or at all. I know they have a company besides themselves do any painting. So I guess they would have just did whatever they needed to paint the deflector if it were clear or not. Possible it was shipped right to the painters and then to me, this really has me thinking now.

Discussion starter · #60 ·
Sorry to triple post here :bonk:. Just pulled all of the separate #'s off my deflector, here they are 680148v, 730091, and 25148 these are what I saw under the deflector from left to right. If anyone can confirm what style deflector this really is would greatly be appreciated :tiphat. My invoice says nothing about style or brand, or color.

Just gave the people I got it from a call, I was right they do drop ship which means they never see the merchandise. It was sent right to where they have them painted at. They are going to check into it and said if that is that case that I have a smoked color match the wool was pulled over their eyes. So we will see :undecided

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.