Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this issue with my hood (paint bubbling, rusting, ect). So, instead of painting it, I thought of maybe putting a bug deflector on to cover up the mess, and possibly painting it to match.

With that said, lets see your deflectors. Also, with the more streamlined ones that sit closer to the hood, how easy is it to get in there to clean.

Thanks

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
ya, hood deflector pictures. Lets see em. However, I'm looking for one for my Envoy. One thats allows the Chrome strip on the hood to still be visible.

Michblaze02 wants to see TB ones.

Anyone got a color matched or clear one?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
Heres mine Its an AVS

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts

·
Banned
2006 gmc envoy_denali
391 Posts
Here is mine. It is a stampede brand which is identical to the AVS. It was clear and the shop painted the backside to prevent rock chips...
Yep, color matched....I think that looks the best!!! Painted the back side, I guess it will never chip. Now if only I could find a clear one for Envoy that wraps around the Chrome Strip on hood.

Nice Truck:thumbsup:!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is mine. It is a stampede brand which is identical to the AVS. It was clear and the shop painted the backside to prevent rock chips...
That is a great idea, clear deflector, then paint the back. About how far off the hood does it sit. I was kinda hoping for one that sits relatively close.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
That is a great idea, clear deflector, then paint the back. About how far off the hood does it sit. I was kinda hoping for one that sits relatively close.
The one that he has is the same as the Lund / AVS version.

Here are 2 shots of mine from the back side. If you need a specific angle, let me know. You don't want it TOO close, as it does flex a bit.

Chris

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is yours different then rcam81's? His seems to mold to the contours of the hood a little differently, and does yours have a little tip up at the top. Can't quite tell from your pictures. How does yours secure on there, tape, screws?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Is yours different then rcam81's? His seems to mold to the contours of the hood a little differently, and does yours have a little tip up at the top. Can't quite tell from your pictures. How does yours secure on there, tape, screws?
As far as I know Lund and AVS are the same :yes: If so then yes, it is the same as rcam81's. It has a lip of sorts, but it's hard to see in my pictures.

It secures under the front edge of the hood. There are 4 square holes in the sheet metal, there are inserts that fit into those square holes, then the deflector screws into the inserts. 5 minute install, and is secure.

Chris

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting :undecided. Sounds good, I was hoping you wouldn't say it was taped on. So basically they are all pretty much the same then, is there really any major differences between the models.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Interesting :undecided. Sounds good, I was hoping you wouldn't say it was taped on. So basically they are all pretty much the same then, is there really any major differences between the models.
If it was taped on, I would not have installed it :no:

It is a good design how it is mounted :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ducati, I do not see a truck in that picture. Seriously though that looks great. I've been thinking about doing the white on mine

1 - 20 of 80 Posts