Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a new to me 2005 envoy denali. I'm going camping Monday and thought I'd just hook up the trailer and go. NO go. Basically all I had were running lights.

I know I need to do some trailer wiring but thought it prudent to check the vehicle first.

A buddy with a TB LT let me hook up to his trailer and I can't get the left turn or brake light to work on his trailer yet they work when he connects his truck.

I have found fuse 51 is burnt out. I will replace it but am anticipating something made it burn so I thought I'd post right away to get into the queue. Cant seem to find a fuse for left trailer brake light.

I will also be hooking up a trailer brake. Anyone have any suggestions on where I can look for wiring instructions for that?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup. I saw one of your earlier posts describing where the fuses were and I put in a new one and it worked on my buddy's trailer. However, I needed to rewire the trailer conection on my trailer. The previous owner had been pulling a boat behind the trailer and I think he had some strange setup.

Great forum.

Im trying to connect my brake controller now. BTMINN sent me a link to another members description of how to do that and I'm just going to finish my coffee and take a shot at it.

Got my new (05) denali and a forum to figure stuff out. Life is good.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts