Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am def happy with the outcome of the LED tails from ebay and the reverse bulbs from VLeds...After installing the tails the reg reverse bulb looked horrible in there with the rest being LEDs. Id like to thank clockman and wmolzon for the help.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
685 Posts
Looks good. I'm thinking of doing that to my Voy.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea they are well worth it and big improvement over reg lights. I have LEDs on my other car (350z) and had ordered them before they were available in the US, costed me around $700 for those JDM LED tails but they were worth it for me also. Now i would like to upgrade the headlights on the SS because they seem yellowish now compared to the white reverse bulb.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, I am def enjoying them...the reverse bulbs at night are niceeeee! so are the led tails. Very bright and big improvement over stock. When you hit the brake pedal at night i can light up about 3/4 the way down my block i see the bright red bounce off the stop sign. And with the reverse LEDs sometimes i just feel like driving around my block in reverse at night thats how bright they are.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
963 Posts
Turned out nice, glad to pitch in my :m2:

As far as the headlights go, I'm running SilverStar Ultras and they're nice a white, no yellow tint at all. Fogs are just SilverStars but they match up fairly well as far as color goes. These will do for now, maybe HID's down the road.

May have to check into those LED tails next, the mods never end I guess!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Turned out nice, glad to pitch in my :m2:

As far as the headlights go, I'm running SilverStar Ultras and they're nice a white, no yellow tint at all. Fogs are just SilverStars but they match up fairly well as far as color goes. These will do for now, maybe HID's down the road.

May have to check into those LED tails next, the mods never end I guess!
Yea I was thinking silverstars but I have 6000K hids on my Z and I loveeeee them I had 4200K stock I upgraded to phillips ultinons 6000K and it was some of the best cash I spent...I would really love to do full hid conversion on the SS next...we shall see lol

the silverstars like nice though...nice clean look to the front.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
53 Posts
SLR pics of LED tails and reverse bulbs!

Night Pics!! I will post pics of the license plate LED bulbs i installed also later on. The license plate bulbs in these pics are stock non leds.

more to come later on with the license plate LEDs installed...looks a lot better!!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
what exactly did you order so i can copy that look?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
53 Posts
thanks...

these are the tail lights i ordered off ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-04-05-06-07-CHEVY-TRAILBLAZER-LED-TAILLIGHTS-RED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem20ad0c8e67QQitemZ140342234727QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

but i ordered from a different user if you want to search the user i bought em off and is an excellent seller is imotorsportoutlet

with those tail lights they are all LED except the reverse bulb which you use from your original tails. But i wanted to have it match the LEDs so i ordered from V-LEDS...here is the bulb i ordered http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Back-Up-LED/White-LED/V-LEDS-WHITE-V-STAR-M-p6472883-1-2.html

i also put leds in by the license plate to match i have a few day pics here they are from my blackberry...

SLR Day pic i took before...

·
Registered
2007 chevy
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Last batch of *SLR* night pics with Leds installed in the entire back

Last group of pics even threw in one of the LED bulb i put in the mirror...

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
24 Posts
so how did you install the leds or are those new housing units with pre-installed leds? i didnt see an answer in previous post nd if there is im sorry i missed it

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
How well do those reverse LEDs actually work? I want to get some but I'm afraid the actual light output on the ground won't be what the stock bulbs are. Also, what type of LED setup is it (e.g. 25 SMD, etc)?
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts