Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like others have posted, after replacing all dome lights with LEDs in my 06 trailblazer the reading lights are dimmer than the dome lights, if you push the lens on the reading light it is dimmer than if you turn it on with the dashboard dimmer switch or by opening the door, there’s a few other posts on this where someone posted if you leave one of the original halogen bulbs in any one of the other Reading lights the other ones will be bright again when you push the lens to turn them on, the thing that’s baffling me is I tried what they suggested and not only did it work but after I took that original halogen bulb back out that I just put in and put the LED back in miraculously now they all light up just as bright now regardless if you push the lens or turn them on with the switch or open the door, this time when I put the original halogen bulb back in I did it with all the lights on, don’t know if that had something to do with it or not? all I know is after removing that single original halogen bulb that I put in to test the rest of the LEDs for brightness they all work now just as bright no matter what way you turn them on , I know it sounds crazy but it’s almost like having the lights on while I switched that one test halogen bulb back to the LED it learned it or something?? I’m stumped because when I just put all LEDs in with the dome lights off the reading lights were dimmer when you push the lens to turn them on , after sticking one halogen back in to one of the reading lights in the backseat with the lights on and then removing it and putting an LED back in with all the lights on, all are now just as bright no matter what way you turn them on, I mean I’m happy but I’d like to know what’s going on here? Thanks

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
@ Firingpin123 <another monoparagraph!> <no periods either?> <gack!>

Like others have posted,

after replacing all dome lights with LEDs in my 06 trailblazer

the reading lights are dimmer than the dome lights,

if you push the lens on the reading light it is dimmer

than if you turn it on with the dashboard dimmer switch

or by opening the door,

there’s a few other posts on this

where someone posted if you leave one of the

original halogen bulbs in any one of the other

Reading lights the other ones will be bright again

when you push the lens to turn them on,

the thing that’s baffling me is I tried what they

suggested and not only did it work but after I took

that original halogen bulb back out that I just

put in and put the LED back in miraculously

now they all light up just as bright now regardless

if you push the lens or turn them on with the switch

or open the door,

this time when I put the original halogen bulb back in

I did it with all the lights on, don’t know if that had

something to do with it or not?

all I know is after removing that single original halogen

bulb that I put in to test the rest of the LEDs for

brightness they all work now just as bright no matter

what way you turn them on ,

I know it sounds crazy but it’s almost like having the

lights on while I switched that one test halogen bulb

back to the LED it learned it or something??

I’m stumped because when I just put all LEDs in

with the dome lights off the reading lights were dimmer

when you push the lens to turn them on ,

after sticking one halogen back in to one of the reading

lights in the backseat with the lights on and then

removing it and putting an LED back in with all the lights on,

all are now just as bright no matter what way you turn them on,

I mean I’m happy but I’d like to know what’s going on here?

Thanks

<ahem>

Well --- all I know is that my LEDs work well in my '05TB EXT from the moment I put them in.

One problem as I can see it is that LEDs represent a much lower load on the circuit and
that might be something to consider.

ALL LEDs are not the same and perhaps really inexpensive ones are just "different" in a bad way.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ Firingpin123 <another monoparagraph!> <no periods either?> <gack!>

Like others have posted,

after replacing all dome lights with LEDs in my 06 trailblazer

the reading lights are dimmer than the dome lights,

if you push the lens on the reading light it is dimmer

than if you turn it on with the dashboard dimmer switch

or by opening the door,

there’s a few other posts on this

where someone posted if you leave one of the

original halogen bulbs in any one of the other

Reading lights the other ones will be bright again

when you push the lens to turn them on,

the thing that’s baffling me is I tried what they

suggested and not only did it work but after I took

that original halogen bulb back out that I just

put in and put the LED back in miraculously

now they all light up just as bright now regardless

if you push the lens or turn them on with the switch

or open the door,

this time when I put the original halogen bulb back in

I did it with all the lights on, don’t know if that had

something to do with it or not?

all I know is after removing that single original halogen

bulb that I put in to test the rest of the LEDs for

brightness they all work now just as bright no matter

what way you turn them on ,

I know it sounds crazy but it’s almost like having the

lights on while I switched that one test halogen bulb

back to the LED it learned it or something??

I’m stumped because when I just put all LEDs in

with the dome lights off the reading lights were dimmer

when you push the lens to turn them on ,

after sticking one halogen back in to one of the reading

lights in the backseat with the lights on and then

removing it and putting an LED back in with all the lights on,

all are now just as bright no matter what way you turn them on,

I mean I’m happy but I’d like to know what’s going on here?

Thanks

<ahem>

Well --- all I know is that my LEDs work well in my '05TB EXT from the moment I put them in.

One problem as I can see it is that LEDs represent a much lower load on the circuit and
that might be something to consider.

ALL LEDs are not the same and perhaps really inexpensive ones are just "different" in a bad way.
I talked typed it hands-free Mr. punctuation 50 lol

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Get your talk-typing app money back.

Your 'Hands-Free" makes people who might care to answer your question, not be bothered.

I took the time to try to make your post readable --- and you call me a name? (Mr. punctuation 50 lol)

Anything less is an insult to the professionals who man this site and these are the people you need to answer your questions. Right?

I believe if it's worth asking, that some parameters be kept --- like decent language structure, kindness and readability.

See? I space out my lines so the reader(s) can have a good experience reading the silly things I say.

Yours? Not so much and yet, somehow I haven't called you a name. LOL.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get your talk-typing app money back.

Your 'Hands-Free" makes people who might care to answer your question, not be bothered.

I took the time to try to make your post readable --- and you call me a name? (Mr. punctuation 50 lol)

Anything less is an insult to the professionals who man this site and these are the people you need to answer your questions. Right?

I believe if it's worth asking, that some parameters be kept --- like decent language structure, kindness and readability.

See? I space out my lines so the reader(s) can have a good experience reading the silly things I say.

Yours? Not so much and yet, somehow I haven't called you a name. LOL.
Lighten up I was just busting your balls, sorry I didn’t put all my periods in for you, it’s just a thread not a thesis, not everybody is professional at typing, people seem to be able to read my posts just fine, you’re the only one that seems to have a problem and from what I can see not with just me, if you have a hard time reading my posts because I didn’t put periods in you know you don’t have to respond or help me and can just move on. Have a nice day:)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
330 Posts
If you can't ask a proper question , don't expect a proper answer .
I was going to say about the same thing...but it would have taken me five paragraphs.

You saved me a lot of typing. Thank you.

Reactions: Ravalli Surfer

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great! Now The administrator is chiming in, clearly I did ask a proper question, he even answered it, apparently his problem was I didn't put periods in and called it a mono paragraph, I am new here and I come to try to get help with my trailblazer, I didn’t realize I’d be criticized over my punctuation, I had hoped some people would be keen enough to realize I have a spelling problem when I said in my earlier post “not everybody is professional at typing”and “I am using talk type,” if I had to type the post I wrote earlier manually it would’ve taken me an hour at best, now so it doesn’t happen again I have to embarrass myself by stating I am disabled and have dyslexia, I try to do the best I can with my abilities but my spelling and punctuation is lacking, I want to thank in advance anybody that sees this and responds to one of my posts that are not perfectly punctuated and does not call me out on it, in turn I will try to do the best I can or have someone write it for me like this one.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
"New here" isn't an excuse ---- it isn't even a reason for not posing a question in good syntax.

I'm disabled too -- Agent Orange in Viet Nam and COPD from welding as a shipfitter in the USN ... so don't push the "I'm disabled" button on me.

I've got a cancerous nevus in my right eye that if it gets loose and erupts, I have 15-20 days to live - but I'm taking the chance that I can catch it in time and have the eye removed before I get instant brain cancer.
BTW: my right eye is my good eye.​

" (ibid) .... my posts that are not perfectly punctuated " ---- so -- you know you're being illogical and insist on sticking with it ... huh?

Somehow you still demand that everyone reads your style of prose when you know better.

When shown the error of your post, you insist upon ignoring everybody and forcing your text on the rest of the world?

How rude.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer LT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"New here" isn't an excuse ---- it isn't even a reason for not posing a question in good syntax.

I'm disabled too -- Agent Orange in Viet Nam and COPD from welding as a shipfitter in the USN ... so don't push the "I'm disabled" button on me.

I've got a cancerous nevus in my right eye that if it gets loose and erupts, I have 15-20 days to live - but I'm taking the chance that I can catch it in time and have the eye removed before I get instant brain cancer.
BTW: my right eye is my good eye.​

" (ibid) .... my posts that are not perfectly punctuated " ---- so -- you know you're being illogical and insist on sticking with it ... huh?

Somehow you still demand that everyone reads your style of prose when you know better.

When shown the error of your post, you insist upon ignoring everybody and forcing your text on the rest of the world?

How rude.
Go **** yourself!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Awwwwwwww ....... you didn't like comparing disabilities. <sniff, sniff>

Don't use a disability as an excuse to be nasty ........ reality sux, doesn't it?
Imma gonna IGGY this guy ... <sheesh>

·
Registered
190 Posts
My advice, put everything back the way it was. There's absolutely no need for cheap LEDs in the interior.

Your alternator is turning with or without them and you aren't going to save money by using leds like you would on your houses electric bill.

By the looks of it, you're gonna be taking everything out either way. So you can spend MORE money on better LEDs and take a gamble.

or put the incandescents back in and replace the ones that are burnt (if any) for pennies a piece.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you're having battery issues and switched for that reason, get a better battery. It'll save you in the long run.

I can get 20 minutes of playtime from my aftermarket stereo system at 70% tilt with the key in the on position and it'll still start.

It usually takes an hour or more for my 55w xenon bulbs to render my car unstartable.

Costco is a great place to start. Mine let's me trade my battery in for a new one every year. No questions asked. Just has to be returned and I can get a new one with a new warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts