Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i figured we need a thread of all things led in one spot so post up your favorite led mods you have done, whether it be pics,vids or how to guides

Finished:
so far i have blue led strips under the rear seats hooked up to the amp to flash with the music

Future:
leds in the foot well wired to the dome lights.
whatever else u guys come up with lol

if this has been done then disregard or post mean hateful things lol

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
well this post is really EMPTY!!!!!

I was hoping to see a ton of LED mods for the interior that I could get some idea's of....

How hard would it be to replace the dashboard lights with leds?

Im guess a real SOB, since you most likely cant snake your hand up to the back of it.
Are the interior lights monitored needed resistors?

thanks................

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dashboard? as in guage cluster? because ud have to remove the whole cluster and soder on leds

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
oooooooooooooooooooooh colors

me likes

:drool

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
no resistors?
my electronics degree is quite fuzzy these days for the calculations to put the proper voltage over an led to not burn it out. but i truely know from teenage days when I was first putting leds into my car before anyone knew what leds were it was quite important to get the voltages right or the leds would just burn out.

you had to pull the whole dash out to put them in?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
I have the correct resistors for 12v application...

You need to remove the cluster panel in order to get to the cluster itself... Search is your friend for this...
Maybe the led's weren't the correct voltage for the application. back in the day led's were just 1 volt, things are different today with brighter offerings etc, but just a thought.
either way heat is what burns out LED's and heat is caused by too much current which is caused by improper voltage.
but maybe cold solder joints or heat loosening the connections. when you open it all up to take a look you will find out which it is.

I have a friend who works for Philips technology developing new types of leds, his biggest problem is heat.

They just converted this to all leds from spotlights!

http://www.ledsmagazine.com/news/5/11/15/CustomHouse

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
What replacements are being used for the dashboard lights?
LED bulb replacements or 5mm leds as replacements?

Need to stock up on these before I pull out the dash.

How easy to pull it out past the steering wheel I guess?

did a search here didn't see anything, not that it takes the same time to say 3 screws and pull as search for it.

Oh finally google found it, well in another post it foudn it!
http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=100

1 - 20 of 484 Posts