Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Paintable side mirrors

Has anyone replaced their black side mirrors with the smooth paintable mirrors? The paintable mirrors I find are heated and my TB is not!!! Will they fit or not? Need your help.... Thanks, BR69

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
I own a 2006 GMC envoy with no mirror turn signals. I would like to install turn signal like I've seen on some envoys.

On my envoy would the wire harness connections be in the mirror housing or would I have to buy the wires to complete the installation.

Thank you for your time & response. O'reillys sells them.

Anrhony

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
28 Posts
2 options....

If you don't have the turn signal already, you will have to buy the turn signal lens and run your own wires, there is a how-to in the Article section here(tabs at the top)

Or... you can go to Ebay/Amazon/etc and buy the mirrors with the turn signal and it will be a plug and play connection. No need to run wires as the DDM/PDM have the pins already in them.

Check out my take on the turn signal mod and power folding mirrors mod. Don't let that diagram at the beginning of the video scare you, it's for the power folding mod... :D

http://youtu.be/cHQpI9lv8xk

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
If you don't have the turn signal already, you will have to buy the turn signal lens and run your own wires, there is a how-to in the Article section here(tabs at the top)

Or... you can go to Ebay/Amazon/etc and buy the mirrors with the turn signal and it will be a plug and play connection. No need to run wires as the DDM/PDM have the pins already in them.

Check out my take on the turn signal mod and power folding mirrors mod. Don't let that diagram at the beginning of the video scare you, it's for the power folding mod... :D

http://youtu.be/cHQpI9lv8xk
Thank you Jpinoy. Gonna check eBay & Amazon.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
I've been searching high and low for a step-by-step like this. I'm happy to say that I've put this mod in motion.:yes:parts ordered: Check. Losing my mind waiting for parts to arrive to begin this mod: Double Check.
It is to my understanding that this step-by-step is being done on mirror already equipped with turn signals?
My 08 TB didn't come stock with turn signal mirrors but I've already tested my DDM & FPDM to verify that the turn signal supply voltage does exist and i don't believe I should have any issues tapping these LED modules straight into those supply voltage wires?
Thoughts/Input?

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
316 Posts
I've been searching high and low for a step-by-step like this. I'm happy to say that I've put this mod in motion.:yes:parts ordered: Check. Losing my mind waiting for parts to arrive to begin this mod: Double Check.
It is to my understanding that this step-by-step is being done on mirror already equipped with turn signals?
My 08 TB didn't come stock with turn signal mirrors but I've already tested my DDM & FPDM to verify that the turn signal supply voltage does exist and i don't believe I should have any issues tapping these LED modules straight into those supply voltage wires?
Thoughts/Input?
You can add it. The blink signals go into all trailvoy front door harnesses. Just follow the mod from there. I had no mirror signals and I added them to mine.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
And no issues with the "hyperblink"? It seems like that only becomes an issue when switching the primary turn signals to LED, requiring load resistors. But I can't say with certainty.

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
316 Posts
I actually added regular bulbs and lenses when starting from no wiring. I didn't bother with LED so I really can't say for this version of the mod. But you are right that a resistor should be needed to match the resistance of what the bulb would have had.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts