Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
101 Posts
ok so i did this mod and i love it!:DAn absolutely amazing write-up!! I did it a bit different though, I used 4 Yellow LED Modules and put them in my amber lenses. I am very pleased w/ the way that they turned out. I'll post pics as soon as I have time :)

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
ok so i did this mod and i love it!:DAn absolutely amazing write-up!! I did it a bit different though, I used 4 Yellow LED Modules and put them in my amber lenses. I am very pleased w/ the way that they turned out. I'll post pics as soon as I have time :)

Not a thing wrong with doing it your own way....it's cool:thumbsup:. Glad you enjoyed the write up.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
190 Posts
i'm having a hard time visuallzing this, Is there just an orange piece that you removed?? how did you get the clear plastic??? I thought hte whole plastic piece there was orange???

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
190 Posts
:D You always have options grasshoppa! :gong:

OH:(
I've already spent more money this week than the wife would appreciate......or know about:worried:
haha, I think I'll just put the can of VHT Night Shades I bought to use and black em out, I don't care about people being able to see the turn signal on my mirrors.
carry on all!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
101 Posts
Well it has been quite a while, a year or more, since I did this mod! I kept meaning to post a vid of my mod, thanks to the great write-up everything worked smoothly. I, however, used yellow LED strips in the amber lenses, just my own variation, so here is the vid...sorry it was during the day, but the suckers are pretty flippin bright at night, oh and my TB is filthy :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-gxyXrAGWc

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Glad to see you finally posted a vid........great job.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Looks nice and bright during the day when you got up close, I can imagine how bright those babies shine at night :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
559 Posts
I know this is an old thread but quick question about turn signal LED.

I purchased the arrows for the mirrors. I dont have stock Mirror blinkers. these are also LED. Where do i wire them too so i can have them working at all times. not when just the DRLs come on and hazard.

When i turn the light knob all the way to the right the blinker i t taped into doesnt work only during the day time. not night if that makes sense.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I know this is an old thread but quick question about turn signal LED.

I purchased the arrows for the mirrors. I dont have stock Mirror blinkers. these are also LED. Where do i wire them too so i can have them working at all times. not when just the DRLs come on and hazard.

When i turn the light knob all the way to the right the blinker i t taped into doesnt work only during the day time. not night if that makes sense.
So you bought the little red arrows that stick to your mirror glass? Or the entire replacement assembly, that has the arrows in the mirror glass already?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
559 Posts
So you bought the little red arrows that stick to your mirror glass? Or the entire replacement assembly, that has the arrows in the mirror glass already?
i actually took care of it and i took off the arrow. and i have new blinkers on there a little mod its cool. i got side lit LEDs and lined them inside the housing and its red ill take pics. or video

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
Carlton
Does your truck have turn signal mirrors?
I would like to do this mod, since the factory bulbs need replaced anyway.
was hopeing you could hook me up..lol..

BTW Nice write up by 90profx !!

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
Carlton
Does your truck have turn signal mirrors?
I would like to do this mod, since the factory bulbs need replaced anyway.
was hopeing you could hook me up..lol..

BTW Nice write up by 90profx !!
My TB didn't come with them, so I added white LED strips on the front side, and red strips on the back side, and wired them to the door modules for turn signals. It was pretty easy. :thumbsup:

41 - 60 of 71 Posts