Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried LED high beam bulbs? I'm sure they'd look great, but I'm a little skeptical about how much light they would put on the road, as compared to say a Silverstar bulb. Here's kinda along the lines of what I'm talking about

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
They seem very interesting. I like the instant on part. Hopefully some one else will have some knowledge of them.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I think they are more for looks. Leds put out light for short distances, they are horrible for long distance, unless you have the right reflector and 5 watt led bulbs. :m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd shell out a little more and get an HID kit. I don't see those lights being THAT bright.
Yeah, I am going to do HID lows, I'm just torn on what i want to do with my highs. I could do HID highs and run quad lights, or, I could run Silverstar highs and still use the quad kit, but I'm not crazy about the lights not matching, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
They look like a take off of the new hide away lights they are using on police and fire cars. They are extremely bright if they are the same led's. Here is a pic of them in blue. The white ones are about 3 times brighter. These are the replacement for hide away strobes. Everybody is going to led because they require less power and also last longer then halogen or storbes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.